Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

bands/ drummers who actually use electronic drums on stage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i took my TD27KV down to band rehearsal the other week and the rest of the band were blown away!they prefer it over my acoustic kit any day!some of the kits ive loaded from the edrum workshop are superb!they sound better than any acoustic kit ive ever had

Comment

been using my e drums live for over 10years live. TD20 and now TD50x. was told once by a fellow musician they thought a cd was being played but our band just started our set. TSO has used Vdrums for years and they sound great with the big PA systems. they do use acoustic cymbals. in a smaller club, Vdrums are great for volume control

Comment

For the 90's fans here, Garbage (Butch Vig) has been using edrums live for years.

ATV aDrums, Pearl Mimic Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Vectron View Post
          One of the coolest custom ekits every made, was for Willie Wilcox of Utopia. He called it the Trapparatus, and looked like a motorcycle. He used acoustic cymbals, but the snare, 3 toms, and bass drum were all electronic.
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfbfSBOOtU4Ellypoker bitcoin SWC Poker
          Thank you amazing watch! Check Zapata Flyboard
          MikeSteven99
          Registered Member
          Last edited by MikeSteven99; 09-25-21, 03:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dazmondo View Post
            i took my TD27KV down to band rehearsal the other week and the rest of the band were blown away!they prefer it over my acoustic kit any day!some of the kits ive loaded from the edrum workshop are superb!they sound better than any acoustic kit ive ever had
            We're only a "basement band" so this probably is quite irrelevant to most of you but I wish that was the case with me - not quite. There are usually only three of us so I'm sure that makes a difference but our lead/guitar guy wants major volume (rock the pictures off the walls). Because of household issues we/I have to play through headphones - he hates it. Oh well it's what we deal with - at least for now.

Comment

Originally posted by EssKayKay View Post

We're only a "basement band" so this probably is quite irrelevant to most of you but I wish that was the case with me - not quite. There are usually only three of us so I'm sure that makes a difference but our lead/guitar guy wants major volume (rock the pictures off the walls). Because of household issues we/I have to play through headphones - he hates it. Oh well it's what we deal with - at least for now.
              Ah man, we went to headphones and in-ears and personalized monitor mixes with the little Behringer gadgets (P16Ms) connected to our x18 mixer. Now when we rehearse the only person actually listening through the PA is the bass player and he doesn't want it loud Those little things have been game changers not just for us, but for everyone in the house. Now even the dogs don't go crazy!

Comment

its my 50th birthday tomorrow and we are having a big party on saturday with my band playing a short set of around an hour of material....i use iems and the rest of the band have my yamaha DXR12 mk2 PA speaker and a wedge for monitoring then i have 8 direct outs jack to jack for mixer and 2 x xlrs for master out....we have 2 subs as well as 2 other yamaha speakers....should be plenty for a small venue!really looking forward to it!created a "bongolia" kit for the song of the same name but added a airhorn on one on the rims for a party vibe when playing the intro!

Comment

Re pro or semi pro drummers, bands or whatever,

Pro or Professional means that you earn your living doing it, though as far as music is concerned, that could be doing sessions, gigging or teaching.
                  (or, as usual, a mixture of these)

Semi-Pro or Semi-Professional means that you make money from doing it but it isn't your main source of income.

Well that's always been my understanding of it

Comment

I don't know if this counts but Def Leppard drummer, Rick Allen, has to use an electronic drum kit because he lost his left arm in a car crash and he uses his left foot for the snare hit.
                    John.b
                    Registered Member
                    Last edited by John.b; 01-07-22, 12:24 PM.

Comment

Geoff Tate's drummer has been using Rolands throughout this tour. I think its Daniel Laverde.

Some live samples:
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vp_VQtjcKb4

https://www.facebook.com/danlaverdedrums/

Mimic Pro + Extras
                      Presonus RM32
                      Porter & Davies
                      Roland and Stealth Triggers

Comment

I am seeing more and more function bands, club bands, pub bands etc. with e-kits - tend to be covers bands like mine the two big things are volume control and getting a sound that is "like the original recording" particularly bands that cover stuff from post 1980 (apart from indie and harder rock/ metal)

Comment

Yea the volume thing is a major benefit. For all the years I was gigging, my drumkit was fully damped. The only time the damping came off was for the larger, like university gigs.
                          John.b
                          Registered Member
                          Last edited by John.b; 01-17-22, 12:13 PM.

Comment

Dominc Howard of Muse integrates them on occasion

Comment

Working...
                            X