Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

bands/ drummers who actually use electronic drums on stage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bands/ drummers who actually use electronic drums on stage?

Iエm really excited about buying a electronic drumkit.
    But my question is: are professional drummers using kitエs like TD-27 and TD-50 for live performance on stage ?

A few are, mostly in heavily electronic based music.
    I know a few high profile drummers who use a TD50 (for example) in conjunction with acoustic drums.
    And the SPD-SX is absolutely everywhere.

Comment

zac.jpg
      *** MIDI IN: good. Cable snake: bad ***
      Yamaha & Roland modules. DTX,TM-2, EC-10, EC10m, SP-404. Multi12. TrapKat. ControlPads. Octapad, SamplePad, Wavedrum. Handsonic. Dynacord RhythmStick. MPC. Paiste 2002/Signatures. Cajons. Djembes. Darbuka. Windsynth. MIDI Bass. Tenori-on. Zoom ARQ. Synths. Ukes.

Comment

Don’t forget Blas with TSO...

D6D88571-41FE-47E6-9F45-B5D868DDEC12.jpeg

Fun fact... that blurred violinist in the front is my old guitarist's cousin. (I didn't see her until after I posted the image. )
        Alan
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | message | recommendations

Comment

I think, and as Whitten says, most pro drummers using edrums are using them as part of their acoustic setup.

Comment

Originally posted by John.b View Post
            I think, and as Whitten says, most pro drummers using edrums are using them as part of their acoustic setup.
            I think it depends on what is meant by "professional drummers".

On big stages (i.e. stadium tours of large acts), generally I see acoustic drums or acoustic drums with e-drum add-ons.

For around town pickup gigs (hotels, restaurants, etc.), most often I see acoustic drums. When you're playing a pickup gig, there is little time to fiddle with electric power, PA, monitors, and such. And indeed, many pickup gigs do not provide PA suitable for e-drums and bringing your own isn't feasible. I tried e-drums at a few pickup gigs and went back to acoustic drums immediately thereafter. Acoustic drums scale easily, which is another advantage. If all I need is a snare drum and brushes, with acoustic drums that's what I take to the gig. With e-drums, I have to bring a module, wires, and drum pad, and then I have the additional concerns of electric power, PA, and monitoring.

Comment

Schiller used two drummers for many years, Ralf Gustke on a acoustic/Hybrid kit and Cliff Hewitt on pure electronic drums. Cliff Hewitt are deffinately a pro drummer, and playing statiums and large arena's.
              Example::
              Schiller - Sonne live (2013 テ青ウ.) テ青榲堕づ堕テ堕凝青イテ青セテ青コ テ青クテ青キ テ青コテ青セテ青ステ堕テ青オテ堕テ堕づ青ー - YouTube
              Drum-Tec Pro-s w/Roland TD50 Module. Roland SPD-SX Special edition. Nord 3P Drum synth. Roland Cymbals, Drum-Tec hardware. Small basic home recording studio and hobby musician. I wish all of you a great day !! :)

Comment

Kansas performed Carry on Wayward Son in a Comic Con event a few years ago with Phil Ehart playing a Yamaha electronic kit. Normally he uses acoustic drums though.

Comment

The drummer Bobby Hewitt (from the band ORGY)use V-Drums TD-10 (studio and live) for the 1st and 2nd album.
                  You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                  This gallery has 2 photos.
                  Last edited by Mikevdrums; 02-16-21, 02:54 AM.

Comment

Interesting to see The Who using vdrums. Perhaps it's because Townsend needs a quiet stage due to tinnitus.

Comment

Working...
                    X