Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Winter NAMM 2021 New eDrum Products

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alan
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | message | recommendations

Comment

I am guessing we might see a new flagship from Yamaha. A silicone 14 inch pad would be nice. Not sure about Roland having a new flagship yet. It would be a good idea if it was groundbreaking.

Comment

Roland tend not to announce new products at NAMM.
        Superior Kicks and Snares isn't going to happen. The EZX version has just about everything you need already.

Comment

A new ground breaking module from Sweden...:-)

No - that won't happen this Namm...
          eDrumin 40?

Best Regards

Anders / www.zourman.com
          Pearl CrystalBeat and Sonor Safari, Roland CY-14/13R/15R/12CR,RT-10/30,BT-1,VH-11/12/13 & KD-10, Dingbat,Triggera D14, D11, ATV AD-h14, PCY-155, 120MHz MD with PS board, 2box 3/5/5MKII, dd4SE, Yamaha DTX502, Addictive Drums 2.1.19. All ADpaks, Microsoft Surface PRO, Macbook, Pearl Throne Thumper, Zourman HH & Ride Conv Kit www.zourman.com

Comment

It is disappointing I can't go in person this year and I can't imagine when they could do this again considering how crowded it is. The website is promoting NAMM 2022.

Comment

alan
              ...be sure I got it right from the start
              eDrums: ATV EXS-5 & artist series, Pearl Mimic Pro, 2Box DrumIt 5 | aDrum: Pearl | Soundcraft Ui24R | Cubase Pro, WaveLab Pro, SpectraLayers Pro, Studio One, MixBus 32C

Comment

i heard yamaha is working on a software editor, that allows easier editing of sounds in a module..
                imagine a birds eye view of all sound parameters at once .. that would be great..
                Audio | Video | Roland/Yamaha e-kit | Sonor/Gretsch a-kit | Zildjian/Sabian/Ufip cymbals

Comment

So January NAMM 2021 is cancelled and in it's place is some giant cope event. What a wasted opportunity. Manufactures could have just submitted a compilation of new product videos and let the organisers sort out the presentation on twitch or something.

I doubt Roland will ever announce anything significant at NAMM again, they have their own expo, so should Yamaha. I eagerly await what's going to happen with the DTX series - would like to leave the VST scene one day!
                  ◾ Diamond Drums 4pc in Di-Noc carbon ◾ MegaDRUM
                  ◾ Roland UA-1010 / cymbals / KT-10 (x2) ◾ Tama / Gibraltar hardware ◾ JBL LSR3 Series 2.1 Monitoring ◾ Pearl THMP-1
                  PA Comparison Sheet

Comment

Originally posted by Kabonfaiba View Post
                    So January NAMM 2021 is cancelled and in it's place is some giant cope event. What a wasted opportunity. Manufactures could have just submitted a compilation of new product videos and let the organisers sort out the presentation on twitch or something.

I doubt Roland will ever announce anything significant at NAMM again, they have their own expo, so should Yamaha. I eagerly await what's going to happen with the DTX series - would like to leave the VST scene one day!
                    Actually, NAMM is not entirely "cancelled." As I noted in the OP, it's being held virtually (online) this year.
                    https://www.namm.org/thenammshow/2021
                    So, in effect, I imagine it's happening much as you suggest via product videos/presentations.

I believe this gives vendors an ample platform on which to announce new products, so from our perspectives here, unless anyone was planning to attend, it's pretty much the same thing IMHO.

I'm with you on the DTX. I'd love to see what they do with it. If the DTX-PRO is the little brother, I'd love to see the big brother soon, along with their mesh pad noted in the DTX-PRO manual.

JP
                    ATV aDrums & aD5, Pearl Mimic Pro & DIY, eDRUMin 10, Agean R-series Silent Cymbals, Roland Handsonic HPD-20.

Comment

I can think of one advantage of online product announcements, it avoids the inevitable problems of folks finding or creating problems by playing around with the gear. If I am not mistaken, it’s been 8 years since the VH 13 came out, hate to see that empty USB port on my TD 27.

Comment

Looking forward to see what will be announced by Roland this year. January 15th last year, the VAD Acoustic Design range was introduced. Looking forward to see if they come up with a 16" Floor tom or 8" small rack tom to extend my 506 set. A digital Hihat is even more preferred.

Comment

Originally posted by ToDaMax View Post
                          hate to see that empty USB port on my TD 27.
                          I'd suggest turning it around then

Comment

Originally posted by jpsquared482 View Post
                            I'm predicting the Roland digital hi hat will be released, finally.
                            If not, it would be nice if they got rid of the mechanical trigger and go with an optical-based system as ATV has.

Comment

Checked on Roland's events page and they did have this for NAMM attendees, not a product reveal, but what the heck.

TOTALLY DRUMS LIVE! - NAMM EDITION feat. Vinnie Colaiuta, Cat Myers and more11:00AM–12:00PM

Join the Roland V-Drums Team for this inaugural episode, featuring drumming legend Vinnie Colaiuta, as they discuss all things drums, explore new horizons with young rocker, Cat Myers (KT Tunstall), and gain some useful tips from our V-Drums experts.

Comment

That does not sound like a product presentation.

Comment

Working...
                                X