Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

E-DRUMMING DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Can you believe how much money you spent so far on this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John.b
    replied
    Cheers mate. September is a bad month for me, our anniversary on the 2nd and lost her on the 25th, 6 years ago.

Leave a comment:

• monospace
    replied
    So sorry to hear that John. I hope her memory continues to bring you joy.

Leave a comment:

• John.b
    replied
    Originally posted by bamadingdong View Post

Yeah...Well...When I'm playing at 11pm and my wife would get out of bed and come to the the door-she would drop her nighty!...That's when I Knew it was Bedtime!..LOL..No Seriously!
    Hi Mate, when my wife came to the door to get my attention she would throw something at me,,,,,,,,,,Like a stapler, or a couple of CDs, or last nights sandwich, still on the plate. (Yea got it right eventually)

Yea we were 43 years together, so now you are going to tell me that the magic had worn off.
    Well it's our wedding anniversary today and I wish, so much, that she was still here with me.

You dont know what you had till its gone.
    Last edited by John.b; 09-03-20, 09:05 AM.

Leave a comment:

• John.b
    replied

Yeah...Well...When I'm playing at 11pm and my wife would get out of bed and come to the the door-she would drop her nighty!...That's when I Knew it was Bedtime!..LOL..No Seriously!
    When my late wife wanted to get my attention she would come to the door and throw something at me. And she did not particularly care what she threw either. Once she threw a stappler. Luckily, it missed me but it hit one of the crash cymbals, which made me deaf in my left ear for two days lol.

You just got to love em. Cant live with em, cant live without em

Leave a comment:

• bamadingdong
    replied
    Originally posted by John.b View Post

Yea OK so you aint got the noise of an Akit, but you still have the thump of the kick and the other drums if you are a bit heavy like me. I would be playing at 11pm and my wife would get out of bed, and come to the door and throw something heavy at me. That was when I new it was bed time. During the day, no such problem and I dont really have neighbours so thats not a consideration either.

Leave a comment:

• John.b
    replied
    I spent many a happy year tweaking my old Roland TD-6V, so much so that I still give it a tweak occasionally now, just 14 years down the line.
    Well just for old-times-sake really I suppose.

I have always maintained that if you cant have a good tweak here and there, then what can you do !!!!!!!

'HERES JOHNNY'.

Leave a comment:

• monospace
    replied
    It's odd that my main quest, like so many others here, is to get my edrums to sound and respond as good as an acoustic kit. But I live in an apartment building, so an acoustic kit is simply out of the question. Not gonna happen. I used to go to my local rehearsal space and rent the drum room for a couple of hours, but they've been closed due to the pandemic.

At the same time, thanks to the pandemic (I guess) I have plenty of time at home to tweak my edrums, and it's been good fun. Getting an eDrumIn a couple of weeks ago was yet another expense, but very much worth it.
    Last edited by monospace; 08-23-20, 09:56 PM.

Leave a comment:

• John.b
    replied

LOL...I knew Zombies would come up sooner or later. Pretty interesting...and impressive regarding lathing cymbals Eric, didn't know you could even do that. I do appreciate the ability to play on the electronics at 11pm if I want to without disturbing anyone, and it is fun selecting a piccolo snare or a deep snare drum instantaneously. The sounds and play-ability have come a long long way though I still appreciate the nuances a real drum kit provides. And TangTheHump has a good point-the cost is just crazy for something that doesn't quite get to the same level of a traditional instrument that costs 1/4 OR less to purchase. I understand...it's the technology.
    Yea OK so you aint got the noise of an Akit, but you still have the thump of the kick and the other drums if you are a bit heavy like me. I would be playing at 11pm and my wife would get out of bed, and come to the door and throw something heavy at me. That was when I new it was bed time. During the day, no such problem and I dont really have neighbours so thats not a consideration either.

Leave a comment:

• John.b
    replied
    Originally posted by monospace View Post
    I dunno guys. There's something about electronic drums that acoustic drums just can't match. The endless tweaking, the different surface materials, trigger technology, soldering, electronics. With an acoustic set, you just hit some stuff and it makes a sound. Where's the challenge in that?
    Yea mate but its the right sound lol

Leave a comment:

• Bobvan
    replied
    I lose track. I started with Simmons back in the 80's as well SDS 7, 8, 9,400, 1000 ect. Tama Tech Star, Early Pearl. Many Rolands TD10 11 5 6 9 30 50 MIMIC

Same with A kits. Stewart, Ludwig with Oyster Raps, Tama Superstar Cherry & wood color, Pearl BLX Tama piano black, DW twice. Tempus, Ludwig, Yamaha sparkly black, Superclassics, Premier Artist Birch, Tama Artstar. Ayotte, Noble & Cooley..
    Last edited by Bobvan; 08-21-20, 12:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Ericdrumz
    replied
    lathing, well, i just took off 10-50 grams of some cymbals .. (all splashes, 3 crashes, 2 rides, 2 china's) ..made a couple of ozone's, hammered some..
    and i only screwed up 2 cyms ..i'm not a 'pro' cymbal smith by any means.. but i could improve cymbals so i didn't have to sell them for 'new' cymbals..

Leave a comment:

• bamadingdong
    replied
    Originally posted by Ericdrumz View Post
    well .. 'we' can still play drums after the zombie apocalypse, without electricity..
    LOL...I knew Zombies would come up sooner or later. Pretty interesting...and impressive regarding lathing cymbals Eric, didn't know you could even do that. I do appreciate the ability to play on the electronics at 11pm if I want to without disturbing anyone, and it is fun selecting a piccolo snare or a deep snare drum instantaneously. The sounds and play-ability have come a long long way though I still appreciate the nuances a real drum kit provides. And TangTheHump has a good point-the cost is just crazy for something that doesn't quite get to the same level of a traditional instrument that costs 1/4 OR less to purchase. I understand...it's the technology.

Leave a comment:

• Baalat
    replied
    This adventure started on November 2019 ---> $100 on a wii rockband bundle
    Nine months later ---> $4,000+ on a TD30k + AtoE Pearl ELX kit (jobeky and pintech stuff)

In between those two I owned and sold: two alesis nitro kits, three alesis surge kits, one alesis strike pro kit, a westbury kit, two ludwig kits, and a sonor force kit.
    Yep, in nine months, wife is going crazy here

Leave a comment:

• Ericdrumz
    replied
    well .. 'we' can still play drums after the zombie apocalypse, without electricity..

Leave a comment:

• monospace
    replied
    I dunno guys. There's something about electronic drums that acoustic drums just can't match. The endless tweaking, the different surface materials, trigger technology, soldering, electronics. With an acoustic set, you just hit some stuff and it makes a sound. Where's the challenge in that?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X