Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you believe how much money you spent so far on this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by John.b View Post

At my age mate I aint looking to be a better drummer, but just to be able to stay sat on my throne, and remember the way to the loo when I need it
    Personally I don't understand this attitude...I'm always trying to improve....whether it's smoother rolls,better timing or playing in the pocket!😃

Comment

Sorry mate but I play to please myself now, and after 30years of gigging and practicing, that's my prerogative, as what you feel is yours. Ive done all the pubs, the nightclubs, rock / blues clubs, the universities, and the all-nighter jam sessions, all I want now is the fun to play to what I like, when I like, and however I like.

Loosen up mate, cause nothings that serious.
      Last edited by John.b; 10-23-21, 08:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dazmondo View Post

Personally I don't understand this attitude...I'm always trying to improve....whether it's smoother rolls,better timing or playing in the pocket!😃
        When you get older you might understand. Or not.
        "It makes sense if you dont think about it"

Mimic Pro, SPD-SX, 2-QSC K-10s, K-sub, Yamaha mixer, and a bunch of other expensive cool things!

Comment

Originally posted by John.b View Post
          Sorry mate but I play to please myself now, and after 30years of gigging and practicing, that's my prerogative, as what you feel is yours. Ive done all the pubs, the nightclubs, rock / blues clubs, the universities, and the all-nighter jam sessions, all I want now is the fun to play to what I like, when I like, and however I like.

Loosen up mate, cause nothings that serious.
          Each to their own mate.....I've had 35 years of gigging(I've just turned 50)..maybe I'll think differently when I'm an old man like you....😄

Comment

Lol, I was just thinking about this this afternoon. It would probably make someone who didn’t understand cry. Makes me cry. When I sat down and added it all up, it was over $17000…give or take $300 or so.
            I have owned in this order, sort of…
            TD11 basic set
            4 x PD120
            DM10mk2 kit
            KDa22 conversion
            PD120
            TD17 module
            -sold all the above-
            TD17k kit
            PD125xs
            MDS12 rack
            2 PD120 red
            2 PD100 red
            CY12H
            CY13R
            TD17 module as backup
            2 CY12C
            2 PD125
            2 PD105
            2 CY15R
            2 CY14C
            CY12H
            VH10
            TD17 module for 3rd kit
            2 Lemon 18” ride
            MDS9 rack
            A really large amount of cymbal arms and assorted rack hardware. Like, a lot. Really. At least $600 worth.
            eMerge 18” kick
            PDx6
            4 pdx8
            MDS9 rack again
            TD50 module
            TD50x upgrade
            PD14DS snare
            CY18DR ride
            CY5
            2 cymbal arms
            KDa22 conversion kit
            RT30K trigger w drum head package
            DM10 rack
            Hart drums rack
            snare stand

not including 2 Octapads, Alesis sample pads x 2, and a cpl of other weird things.

holy crap. All within the last 4 years.

Comment

xynurse. And what is left from all that today?

Yep, more money than brains? Me too.
              Now retired so less money but same amount of brains.
              At least I can stay home, happy and busy for years at a time.
              Just spent around $500 on a VR goggle setup. Pretty cool especially the VR drums.
              Older not wiser.
              But hey it's too cold & rainy to ride the Harley. It's all good.

Cheers,

Mimic Pro, SPD-SX, 2-QSC K-10s, K-sub, Yamaha mixer, and a bunch of other expensive cool things!

Comment

Originally posted by dazmondo View Post

Each to their own mate.....I've had 35 years of gigging(I've just turned 50)..maybe I'll think differently when I'm an old man like you....😄
                Yea probably mate, I have more pressing problems, just to keep drumming

They use to say that if you want 'feel', get a drummer, if you want perfection, get a drum machine

Over here some bands tried the machine (80's ish), but it did not last long. Mind you by then the discos were taking over in the pubs and clubs, and live music never recovered back to the way it had been. That's progress I guess.
                Last edited by John.b; 10-25-21, 11:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by xynurse View Post
                  Lol, I was just thinking about this this afternoon. It would probably make someone who didn’t understand cry. Makes me cry. When I sat down and added it all up, it was over $17000…give or take $300 or so.
                  I have owned in this order, sort of…
                  TD11 basic set
                  4 x PD120
                  DM10mk2 kit
                  KDa22 conversion
                  PD120
                  TD17 module
                  -sold all the above-
                  TD17k kit
                  PD125xs
                  MDS12 rack
                  2 PD120 red
                  2 PD100 red
                  CY12H
                  CY13R
                  TD17 module as backup
                  2 CY12C
                  2 PD125
                  2 PD105
                  2 CY15R
                  2 CY14C
                  CY12H
                  VH10
                  TD17 module for 3rd kit
                  2 Lemon 18” ride
                  MDS9 rack
                  A really large amount of cymbal arms and assorted rack hardware. Like, a lot. Really. At least $600 worth.
                  eMerge 18” kick
                  PDx6
                  4 pdx8
                  MDS9 rack again
                  TD50 module
                  TD50x upgrade
                  PD14DS snare
                  CY18DR ride
                  CY5
                  2 cymbal arms
                  KDa22 conversion kit
                  RT30K trigger w drum head package
                  DM10 rack
                  Hart drums rack
                  snare stand

not including 2 Octapads, Alesis sample pads x 2, and a cpl of other weird things.

holy crap. All within the last 4 years.
                  4 years, have you applied to the Guiness Book of Records mate. I mean that's a major accomplishment of memory for a start.
                  Have you got shares in Roland ? if you havn't, then you should have. I am genuinely in awe mate
                  Last edited by John.b; 10-25-21, 11:19 AM.

Comment

3 kits is enough for me now...2 electric(one for home practice and one for gigging/rehearsing)and my acoustic kit...

I must admit I have thought about getting rid of my acoustic set but I just can't bring myself to do it even though I don't use it that often anymore(my band prefer my electric kit)

Comment

• Sounds like there is some serious GAS problems going on here guys. Check for a local therapy clinics in your area.
                      This condition should be curable but treatment will be expensive, so defeating the object

I've never had more than 2 Akits at any one time, studio and gigging, though did have 4 snares at one point.
                      I just have my cheapo Ekit now, and yes, selling the Akits was a traumatic experience, but it was the end of my era, and apart from that, I was broke.

Bottom line though, I am obviously just a lightweight compared to you guys lol

Comment

• Interesting thread - I must admit I find youngsters asking me at a gig, 'wow, how much did that cost?', a little disturbing for some reason.

When I have money I might buy some bits, when I don't, I don't . Next year I'll have been playing for 50 years so you do tend to acquire a lot of gear ( or 'junk' as my wife calls it ).

I can set drumming purchases against tax which helps - or at least makes my wife happier about the whole thing
                        TD-50 - X upgraded, Jobeky Prestige Custom shells, SPD-SX, Nord Drum P3, SPD-30, Paiste Signature cymbals, DW 6000+9000 hardware, Lewitt LCT 140 cymbal mics, Allen & Heath ZED10 mixer, Fohhn Xperience III drum PA, Fohhn XT-33 active speaker drum monitor, Porter & Davies Gigster tactile monitor drum throne

Comment

• I want to spend more but there is nothing out there I want. I use my td30 to trigger SD3 and although the td50x would be an improvement with the digital pads I still wouldn’t be using its sounds so not worth the expenditure. The mimic is the closest to getting my cash but for what I play I want PS plus I just don’t like the ssd5 sounds. I suppose at some point I will upgrade but it will probably be the next generation before I do. So presently the money I’ve spent in the last year or so has been a new computer, Adam AX7 monitors, RME Babyface pro fs, behringer ada8200, sticks, china cymbal and a bass drum peddle riser for 20” bass drum. I may get the new SD3 sdx expansion as well.
                          Roland TD30 module on TD20 kit SD3 with various kits. Pearl Masters Kit, Yamaha 9000RC original natural wood finish. Cymbals from Zildgian Pasite and Sabian. Loads of percussion bits. Cubase and Wavelab always current versions.

Comment

• Originally posted by mkok View Post
                            I want to spend more but there is nothing out there I want.
                            Which can also be dangerous and cause problems with "The Boss".
                            No. Not Springsteen. The big Boss in the kitchen. LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by Intruder View Post

Which can also be dangerous and cause problems with "The Boss".
                              No. Not Springsteen. The big Boss in the kitchen. LOL
                              Well the boss thinks a drum kit is a few hundred pounds! Saying that she has no problem spending money lol.
                              Roland TD30 module on TD20 kit SD3 with various kits. Pearl Masters Kit, Yamaha 9000RC original natural wood finish. Cymbals from Zildgian Pasite and Sabian. Loads of percussion bits. Cubase and Wavelab always current versions.

Comment

• If it wasn't for electric kits I don't know where I'd be today....they are just so much fun to play both at home and in a live gig situation...the VAD706 is the best electric kit I've ever played,the looks and feel are truly amazing,even some of the stock kits are really good!

Comment

Working...
                                X