Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

E-DRUMMING DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Stealthdrums.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stealthdrums.com

Just a quick shout out to Jman, owner of Stealthdrums. We have been doing business for 8 or nine years now. He has consistently and I might add, super patiently, worked with me to install his drum and cymbal triggers and set up my a to e kit. I am on my third set of his drum triggers, center crossbars with my old Roland modules, Internal side mounts with 2 box, and now for my snare I installed his New ISM 6. I am as tech and electronically challenged as one could be. Because of J , just yesterday we spent going over my triggers for over an hour. I had them all whacked out. My kit never sounded better. If you need reasonably priced drum and cymbal triggers that work flawlessly. I know countless e drummers who bought elsewhere, for more money, and ended up very unhappy! His customer service is phenomenal and he knows how they work, why they work, and why they won't. Check him out!! You won't be sorry!

Originally posted by Jeffo View Post
    Just a quick shout out to Jman, owner of Stealthdrums. We have been doing business for 8 or nine years now. He has consistently and I might add, super patiently, worked with me to install his drum and cymbal triggers and set up my a to e kit. I am on my third set of his drum triggers, center crossbars with my old Roland modules, Internal side mounts with 2 box, and now for my snare I installed his New ISM 6. I am as tech and electronically challenged as one could be. Because of J , just yesterday we spent going over my triggers for over an hour. I had them all whacked out. My kit never sounded better. If you need reasonably priced drum and cymbal triggers that work flawlessly. I know countless e drummers who bought elsewhere, for more money, and ended up very unhappy! His customer service is phenomenal and he knows how they work, why they work, and why they won't. Check him out!! You won't be sorry!
    Same exact experience with me. Jman is a great person and such an asset to the drumming community. Shout out the J!

Comment

Great guy, great products, and great customer support. Not to mention he likes the big 80's monster kits, what is there not to like?

Comment

Yup, good dude! I was thinking here of some guys on a few forums actually alluding to how simple the designs of j 's triggers were. Almost with a hint of negativity. He isnt mass producing these triggers with machines. J builds and tests everything he builds. Do they look as " pretty as some of the mass produced ones? Maybe not! Do they work great? Absolutely. I have actually been around long enough to hear some of these naysayers, not all, complaining about the triggering of many of the mass produced triggers later on. Not saying there are no other quality triggers out there. I needed the access to the designer of the triggers and owner of the company I was buying them from to answer my questions . I dont want to look at them like jewelry, I wanna stick them in my drums and play! And thats what I have done for over 9 years! No problems ever!

Last edited by Jeffo; 04-30-20, 12:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffo View Post
          Yup, good dude! I was thinking here of some guys on a few forums actually alluding to how simple the designs of j 's triggers were. Almost with a hint of negativity. He isnt mass producing these triggers with machines. J builds and tests everything he builds. Do they look as " pretty as some of the mass produced ones? Maybe not! Do they work great? Absolutely. I have actually been around long enough to hear some of these naysayers, not all, complaining about the triggering of many of the mass produced triggers later on. Not saying there are no other quality triggers out there. I needed the access to the designer and owner of the company I was buying them from to answer questions . I dont want to look at them like jewelry, I wanna stick in my drums and play! And thats what I have done for over 9 years! No problems ever!
          If people are worried about the looks of their triggers, their mesh heads don't have enough plys My triggers are out of site, out of mind.

Comment

I know. I got Zed trips. Up until a few years ago they were considered the quietest 3 ply out there and pretty tough to see thru. Now 682 drums makes a 3 ply even quieter! I gotta finicky neighbor downstairs so I do a lot to quiet things down . I even use a rubber tip on the stick that hits the metal cymbal . Funny how some of us are obsessed with hiding anything that suggests we are playing an electronic kit! I could see if you are gigging maybe, but I don't . If anybody gets that close to my kit they are either playing it with my permission or looking to get cracked with a drum corp marching stick in za back of za head, lol!

Comment

plus 1 for ISM6 and Jman's customer service.

The ISM6 is the best triggering system I've used to date. they look difficult to install when you open the package but they're pretty easy. You do need a little skill to install, and as for the wires, you need to pay attention to where you'll secure them while installing the triggers and use the supplied tape and tape them up.

no hotspots, and they pick up the slightest of taps all the way to as hard as you can hit. I was skeptical and now Im a believer. If I need to replace a trigger, Im goin thru stealth (unless something better comes along lol)

and I'll also add, I'm done doing complete DIY triggers. I've tried and I've failed. I just want to play drums. if you can use a screwdriver, plyers and tape, then you can install these.

Noble & Cooley acoustics. Paiste cymbals.
              Mimic Pro, SPD SX, SPD30, SD3

Comment

Thats it .So glad. I ended up with the a to e route and found Stealth fairly early on. Originally, I went the Roland route because I didnt know about a to e . I didnt like the small pads and the Roland sounds. I had already gone a to e at this point with crossbar triggers. 3 Roland modules total I realized I wasnt going to get realistic drum sounds from Roland. J had been using 2 box and once we started talking I become a convert to 2box as well . I ended up pulling out my crossbars and installing Stealth Ism (single side mounts) and. I've been using them for 5 years. Recently I bought an Ism 6 just for my snare and it is awesome!
                Last edited by Jeffo; 04-30-20, 01:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X