Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

E-DRUMMING DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

If you cannot post, please visit our Forum Talk forum for answers to more frequently asked questions.

Is your post missing? Please read forum descriptions & guidelines within before posting in the wrong forum.

See more
See less

Buying and electronic drum set

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying and electronic drum set

So I’ve been considering buying an electronic drum set for a while as I can’t get an acoustic because of the noise and currently with all what’s happening all the studios I went to are closed so I was thinking about getting it now like to stay playing and to improve you know, but I’m not sure if this is a good option? Also I’m not sure which I should get if I was to get one Yamaha DTX452 or Roland TD-1DMK Would like to hear your opinion guys! Also I’ve been playing for 6 months now but only 1-3 times a week

I have no idea how the modules compare to one another, but for $100.00 more I would say the mesh drums would be worth it.

I would also look for used Roland kits with mesh drums in that general price range. I don't know about Yamaha, but my Roland TD-10 kit is built to last.
    Immensely powerful yet with a liquid cat-quick elegance

Comment

That choice (both entry units) but I'd go for the DTX, More bits for your cash.

Better would be going 2nd user - you'll get the next models up.

But, that the end of the day - you need to go and hit some stuff)

Yamaha or Roland is good stuff to be looking at.

Avoid things with proprietary cable systems. Good things to get are 3-zone snare and other pads. MIDI IN will give you expansion.

Go hit things!
      *** Never buy a module without MIDI IN ***
      Yamaha & Roland modules. DTX,TM-2, EC-10, EC10m, SP-404. Multi12. TrapKat. ControlPads. Octapad, SamplePad, Wavedrum. Handsonic. Dynacord RhythmStick. MPC. Paiste 2002/Signatures. Cajons. Djembes. Darbuka. Windsynth. MIDI Bass. Tenori-on. Zoom ARQ. Synths. Ukes.

Comment

Yea what Electro said mate. I would look out for a second hand TD 17 kit with mesh heads. You might as well get the mesh heads now rather than wasting money later down the line.

Anyway welcome to the club mate, its all about having fun and not getting bogged down with loads of technical stuff. Not to start with anyway.

Remember mate its a drum kit, not a drum set. A set implies something that is complete, and ask any drummer if his 'set' is complete and he will say no. There is always something else you need desperately.

Comment

Buy your second kit first. You’ll save in the long run.
          Equipment: TD-30KV, DW9000 hardware, ROC-N-SOC Throne, Behringer ULTRATONE K3000FX Amp, JBL EON 615 Powered Speaker, Yamaha MG06X. 1965 Ludwig Super Classic. Black diamond pearl. Zildjian K Custom Dark cymbals, DW 7000 hardware, DW 9000 kick pedal.

Comment

I'm in the same boat. Thanks for the replies guys.

Comment

Working...
            X