Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

E-DRUMMING DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!
See more
See less

Next Roland flagship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mkok View Post
    . All modules that can import samples can only support one shot samples. These are a single sample at a single velocity. You can add this to a sound therefore layering it with the existing sound. I know you want it simple but like a keyboard player or guitar player you do need to get to know the equipment and research to really know what you want.
    Almost td17 can imports 2 wav sample velocity switch point, also you can layers imported wav with internal sound with switch point, or layer internal sound together.

Comment

Originally posted by Chance27 View Post
      So off topic now, might as well change the title of the thread to My Christmas Wish List.
      Sorry Chance I have done it again ain't I. Highjacked the thread. Its not intentional mate, it just seems to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by mkok View Post
        By expand I meant will you add extra toms or cymbals as the td17 has limited trigger inputs. All modules that can import samples can only support one shot samples. These are a single sample at a single velocity. You can add this to a sound therefore layering it with the existing sound. I know you want it simple but like a keyboard player or guitar player you do need to get to know the equipment and research to really know what you want.
        Hi Mate as it stands, I have a snare, two mounted toms, a floor tom, a kick, two hi-hat inputs, two crash and a ride. As far as the drums are concerned, what I have is what I have always used and don't want any more. The cymbals though I have two crash and a ride and would like a china, another crash and ride, and a cow bell. (Well you cant have enough cow bell can you). Another 4 inputs. Total 14 inputs. Yea I could piggy back modules but that's beyond my understanding and ability.

Comment

I think you are looking at the wrong modules to cater for all that. Your looking at the mimic or td30/50 for realistic sounds then really the mimic followed by td50. These will give you the inputs you need
          Roland TD30 module on TD20 kit SD3 with various kits. Pearl Masters Kit, Yamaha 9000RC original natural wood finish. Cymbals from Zildgian Pasite and Sabian. Loads of percussion bits. Cubase and Wavelab always current versions.

Comment

So do you think that what I want is a lot mkok. I thought this would be about the minimum for any pro drummer. How many inputs would I get from the 30 and the 50 then ? I am assuming that all the cymbals would be 3 zone, would all the drums have rim shots (assuming all the drums will we Roland of-course). Sorry for being a pain in the proverbial mate.

Comment

No I don’t think you want a lot. No more than I do. So td30 which I have has 14 true inputs as the hi hat takes 2 as does the ride cymbal. I use all dual zone and use rims as well
              Roland TD30 module on TD20 kit SD3 with various kits. Pearl Masters Kit, Yamaha 9000RC original natural wood finish. Cymbals from Zildgian Pasite and Sabian. Loads of percussion bits. Cubase and Wavelab always current versions.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan VEX View Post
                Ain’t gonna happen. Roland is Roland, and will always be Roland. Unless they feel the push on their profits, they won’t change their vision and platform, and they’ll likely never partner with a third party in this sense. After all, they have decades invested into their engine design.

At this point, I’d just like current-market realism in their base samples (their samples are highly edited to work with their engine, so they sound dull until modeling and mixing are performed), and find a way to allow externally-loaded samples to work with the engine’s capabilities. However, these are both a enormous stretch of a request. So, I’ll just make it easy... triple the size of the library, and dump the techno junk. (been asking that second half for at least 12 years)
                A fantastic way to turn your TD-50 into a new machine is to at least buy Infinity and Generations from V expressions. You'll have plenty to work with and won't worry about when the next flagship comes out. Will I be interested? Sure. Will I be anxious and fed up with my TD-50? No.

Comment

mkok

"All modules that can import samples can only support one shot samples. These are a single sample at a single velocity. You can add this to a sound therefore layering it with the existing sound. I know you want it simple but like a keyboard player or guitar player you do need to get to know the equipment and research to really know what you want."

Doing some research will find you that DrumIt can import multi zone multi layer (upto 128/zone) samples.
                  Cheers, Deve.

Comment

The interesting thing to me is how many average users have 'multi-zone, multi-layer' samples. Not many I would think. Although even importing three or four layers of three or four round robins is much more realistic than single samples.

Comment

Forgot about drumit. My mistake

Comment

Originally posted by Whitten View Post
                        The interesting thing to me is how many average users have 'multi-zone, multi-layer' samples. Not many I would think. Although even importing three or four layers of three or four round robins is much more realistic than single samples.
                        They are using this to import them from VST's: https://www.lustark.com/

Comment

Only those who are really deep into it. It's still a hassle and somewhat of a technical task. A lot of people don't know how to get the best out of their v-drums, let alone load and format multiple samples on their own.

Comment

I think the biggest upcoming development won't even come from Roland. Right now it's either the next 2box module or an instrument editor for the Mimic Pro. I can't see anything else on the horizon that's significantly game-changing, unless it's a new module nobody knows about.
                            ♦ Diamond Drums 4pc in Di-Noc carbon ♦ MegaDRUM + Roland UA-1010 / cymbals / KT-10 (x2) ♦ Tama / Gibraltar hardware ♦ JBL LSR3 Series 2.1 Monitoring
                            Community Drum Module Document
                            PA Specifications (wip)

Comment

I can't see anything else on the horizon that's significantly game-changing, unless it's a new module nobody knows about.
                              if the edrumin gets a large enough number of inputs and a midi in, i reckon it’s a game changer - the only module i know of that has no sounds of its own but can go straight to vst
                              Last edited by jackodrum; 12-02-19, 02:21 PM.
                              Roland TD9 (KD8, FD9) > Scarlett 6i6 > imac, Superior Drummer 3, Logic // Yamaha DTX Multi12 (KT10, HH65, TP100) > Scarlett 2i4 > macbook, SD3 // Zendrum EXP > Stompblock, macbook, SD3 // Yamaha HS7s, Yamaha DBR10, ATH-M30x // A-Kits: DIY compact kit, Mapex Meridian // Cymbals: Zildjian Ks, some As & Sabians & ...

Comment

It does sound interesting, just not for me (at least not at this time - maybe in the future). . . .

Comment

Working...
                                X