Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

E-DRUMMING DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!
See more
See less

Next Roland flagship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next Roland flagship

Seems like every four years Roland releases the next flagship module, with that said any speculations on the next one? I’d love to see them do a collaboration with superior drummer like pearl did with slate then Korg.

Ain’t gonna happen. Roland is Roland, and will always be Roland. Unless they feel the push on their profits, they won’t change their vision and platform, and they’ll likely never partner with a third party in this sense. After all, they have decades invested into their engine design.

At this point, I’d just like current-market realism in their base samples (their samples are highly edited to work with their engine, so they sound dull until modeling and mixing are performed), and find a way to allow externally-loaded samples to work with the engine’s capabilities. However, these are both a enormous stretch of a request. So, I’ll just make it easy... triple the size of the library, and dump the techno junk. (been asking that second half for at least 12 years)
    Alan
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | twitter | message
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

I realize it’s a stretch, I’m just curious how pearl has effected the market if any. I was told by a rep once that Roland sells more drums then all the other drum manufacturers combined. I believe Roland has catered to the whole spectrum of the market and they have impeccable build quality, so I see the appeal. Guess time will tell.

Comment

It won't happens, they stated recently, modeling will be here to stay, for many reason.

There was no collaborate MIMIC with Pearl, MIMIC is done from Slate and distributed by Pearl. The Korg is module side from old wave-drum tech, it's not even multilayered sound engine, but one shots sample and audio that capture stick sound together proprietary module\triggers which louder harder surface then mesh head.
        Last edited by Chris K; 10-28-19, 05:46 PM.

Comment

I would just love to see a 13” or 14” digital hi-hat to fill that third USB slot on my TD-50.
          ATV aDrums, TD-50, aD5, Superior Drummer 3.0, Roland SPD-SX, Tama & DW Hardware.

Comment

I seriously doubt that’ll materialize. Even if it does, how many people are willing to pay a grand or more for it? I highly doubt many would.
            Alan
            website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | twitter | message

Comment

This is turning into a whishlist... Roland is a massive ship that can't make hard turns, unless in extreme situations, like Alan mentioned. I doubt Mimic has disturbed the market enough for Roland to revolutionize their tech overnight. Last time they've made a sudden move, the td50 came out half-finished. I'd prefer to see some old tech brought back (like perc set/pad patterns) and a normal-sized sound library (second what Alan said, less elec more 'normal' sounds), rather than some new-age gimmick to please the Mimic lovers, no pun intended.
              •A kits: Mapex Saturn ltd. Mapex Meridian, Ludwig and Pearl snares, Paiste, Anatolian, DW5002TW•
              •SPD-SX, Roland RT triggers•
              •Ship kits: TD-12KV, TD-30K, TD-50K•

Comment

Working...
              X