Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

E-DRUMMING DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Ginger Baker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ginger Baker

I just saw that Ginger’s family has put out a message that he is critically ill. Love him or hate him, he is an amazing drummer.
    Equipment: TD-30KV, DW9000 hardware, ROC-N-SOC Throne, Behringer ULTRATONE K3000FX Amp, JBL EON 615 Powered Speaker, Yamaha MG06X. 1965 Ludwig Super Classic. Black diamond pearl. Zildjian K Custom Dark cymbals, DW 7000 hardware, DW 9000 kick pedal.

Sad.

Time marches on and no one is immune...

Wishing the best to him and his family.
    DTX700, A2E Dixon kit, Yamaha cymbals, FSR HH
    Kit Pix http://vdrums.com/forum/album.php?albumid=613

My new venture, HiEnd Speakers. : voglosounds.com

Comment

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-49827436

RIP Ginger

Equipment: TD-30KV, DW9000 hardware, ROC-N-SOC Throne, Behringer ULTRATONE K3000FX Amp, JBL EON 615 Powered Speaker, Yamaha MG06X. 1965 Ludwig Super Classic. Black diamond pearl. Zildjian K Custom Dark cymbals, DW 7000 hardware, DW 9000 kick pedal.

Comment

Sad to see him go. What a character!! Well what a pain in the ass really lol. If you don’t know much about him then read the article in the link above and watch the document film beware mr Baker.
        Roland TD30 module on TD20 kit SD3 with various kits. Pearl Masters Kit, Yamaha 9000RC original natural wood finish. Cymbals from Zildgian Pasite and Sabian. Loads of percussion bits. Cubase and Wavelab always current versions.

Comment

As far as drummers go he was one of those that were up there. One of those, that you could tell who was playing without seeing them. His drums were tuned to his own head, and as he said once, to a heart beat.
          I saw Creams farewell tour at the Albert Hall back in 68 and its is an experience I will never forget. The drums just went through you, and took up every available space. Was he the first to use two kicks, I don't know, but he made the most of them.

Comment

Take nothing away from Ginger but he was far from the first to use double bass drums.

https://youtu.be/g-zM45GpKiE

RIP Ginger
            Roland TD9 (KD8, FD9), Yamaha DTX Multi12 (KT10, HH65, TP100), Zendrum EXP (Stompblock) || Scarlett 6i6 > imac; 2i4 >macbook || Superior Drummer 3, Logic || Yamaha HS7s, Yamaha DBR10, ATH-M30x || DIY compact a-kit, Mapex Meridian, Zildjian Ks, some As and Sabians and ... || youtube

Comment

Yup, and Louie Belson. But I’ve never heard anyone as unique as Ginger.
              Last edited by jimorlando; 10-06-19, 06:21 PM.

Comment

RIP Ginger. Just listened to a couple of Cream tunes in remembrance. Not to make excuses for him, but many times because of his own actions he had an awful life. Lost his Dad at 4 years old. Not his choice.Addicted to Heroin. His choice. Blew up all his relationships, marriages and with his kids, his choice! Had to be a lonely person. All he was good at was drumming. Somewhere inside, looking at the damage he had done he had to hate himself!

Comment

RIP.. Ginger..
                  Audio | Video | Roland/Yamaha e-kit | Sonor/Gretsch a-kit | Zildjian/Sabian/Ufip cymbals

Comment

Originally posted by jackodrum View Post
                    Take nothing away from Ginger but he was far from the first to use double bass drums.

https://youtu.be/g-zM45GpKiE

RIP Ginger
                    Yea mate I thought it a bit of a far out statement when I heard it.

Comment

Just read an interview with Kofi Baker and he talked about Ginger's last days. He said he was full of smiles and finally showed some positive feelings to him. He said that instead of hanging on to the years of resentments he was glad he at least got a look at Gingers soft side. Even if it was in his final days

Comment

Kofi is touring with Clapton’s nephew and Bruce’s son. They’ll be in my area in April and I’m thinking about seeing them.

Comment

I have to see if they are coming to new jersey or New York. I woukd like to catch them too

Comment

The tour dates are here.
                            https://www.musicofcream.com/

Comment

Cant believe I just .missed them a few days within 30 minutes from my house!

Comment

Working...
                              X