Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

E-DRUMMING DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!
See more
See less

Headphone sound quality through an amp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headphone sound quality through an amp?

I just purchased a td-17 module. When I listen to it online or through my headphones it sounds pretty good. When I play with bandmates through my simmons da200s it barely sounds better than my td-6v. Is there a way to get the sound quality you get through headphones through a speaker for a reasonable price? I see people talk about PA Speakers and Powered Speakers.

Qsc PA speakers

Comment

there is a lot of information on the best speakers/ monitors on these forums. qsc speakers seem to be one of the best. most people say you need a sub in addition to speakers (with a few exceptions). see the ‘once and for all - PA/monitors’ sticky thread under the ‘performance- on stage’ forum
      E-Kits: Roland TD9v1, Yamaha DTX Multi12, Zendrum EXP; FD9, KT10 // Interfaces: Scarlett 2i4, Scarlett 6i6 // Sounds: Superior Drummer 3, Stompblock // Computers: Macbook, imac // Logic, Garageband // Headphones: ATH-M30x // Speakers: Yamaha DBR10, Yamaha HS7s // A-Kits: DIY compact kit, Mapex Meridian // Cymbals: Zildjian Ks, a few As and Sabians, and ...

Comment

You'll never have the same experience fron a single amp on the floor,
        as the sound coming from (closed) headphone that concentrate the sound within a space around you hears and helps block out the stick noise.

Youll get get closer to that sound with better quality speakers, especially if mounted on poles, with a sub, and in stereo, so two speakers.

Not it exactly in the same budget range as a single da200.
        DTX700, A2E Dixon kit, Yamaha cymbals, FSR HH Kit Pix

My new venture: voglosounds.com

Comment

Working...
        X