Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

E-DRUMMING DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!
See more
See less

Sound damping hack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sound damping hack

So I’ve been going back and forth from acoustic and electronic drums for the past several years, both have there pros and cons. Hell I’ve bought and sold the mimic three times and now I have a td50kv thats sitting in closet. Love playing acoustic drums but the noise level is always a problem, with that said I looked into sound proofing my jam room and buying sound booths, decided against both for cost reasons. So I decided on a cheap (under 300$) build. I framed out my windows with some 1.5in square wooden pieces and stapled a blanket to it and wedged it in the windows, then for the drums I bought a ez up from Walmart and secured the blankets to it. When jamming with others I can easily just remove the blankets or just flip them over the top. This could be used with electronic drums as well for those that live in apartments where neighbors might complain. Not the prettiest thing to look at but it works, I don’t have a dB meter but before, drums could be heard across the street, now after the windows and booth the bass can only be slightly heard when standing on my door step, even then it’s hard to tell it’s drums. Btw the tube is trying to pump ac into tent as it gets pretty hot in there

39382E1F-A874-4148-B413-E73E4027FE57.jpeg
    FA9C8993-7907-4DD7-994A-227E2C8A0C1B.jpeg
    B7F7C576-B7D4-4492-ABD2-2F884C3976ED.jpeg
    0CCC64C2-51FC-452F-867A-2D1FD7CCA15E.jpeg
Working...
X