Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

E-DRUMMING DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!
See more
See less

Why donít I see many posts on the TD11KV?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why donít I see many posts on the TD11KV?

I thought this kit was one of the best for the money yet I rarely see posts on this forum about it. Is there a reason for this? Is it that nobody has it? Or maybe itís such a great kit that nobody has any problems or questions about it?

I suspect most have moved on from the TD11 due to it's age. The TD17 has pretty much rendered it obsolete in the low-mid range.
    Pearl MIMIC Pro, ATV aD5, ATV aDrums Expanded

Comment

I had a TD11KV - loved it. But, as Molson noted, I too moved on. Not that there was anything wrong with my "starter" kit, but over time I just added larger/more pads, cymbals, rack, and then a Mimic Pro. If your just starting out and are getting a "good deal" on it - go for it. The TD-17 does sound interesting but I can not comment as I have never played one.

Best to you Banjo. . . .

Comment

probably because it's out of production and wasn't a flagship. most new buyers are buying 17s, the serious hobbyist's/pro's are buying mimic's or TD-50s, and some are hanging on to their TD-20s and 30s.

there was a thread posted a little while ago with a "what module are you using" poll https://www.vdrums.com/forum/general...ur-main-module

the mimic had the most votes and only 1 person mentioned the TD-11 (though it would have been grouped under "other roland module" so there may be others using it who just didn't post that they do)
        Roland TD-6v, PD-85 rack toms, PD-105BK floor tom, Mapex snare with ISM-6, PDP MX 22" kick with ISM, iron cobra 900 double pedal, 2x hart e-cymbals, CY-5 as splash, CY-8, PCY-130, CY-12R, an L80 hi-hat with cheap-o trigger with goedrum hi hat controller. EZdrummer2+EZX/Addictive Drums 2 VSTs.

Comment

Originally posted by EssKayKay View Post
          I had a TD11KV - loved it. But, as Molson noted, I too moved on. Not that there was anything wrong with my "starter" kit, but over time I just added larger/more pads, cymbals, rack, and then a Mimic Pro. If your just starting out and are getting a "good deal" on it - go for it. The TD-17 does sound interesting but I can not comment as I have never played one.

Best to you Banjo. . . .
          I did exactly the same, gradually upgrading off eBay then adding a mimic. However the td11 was a good way to get started. I did get the VEX pack for it which made it sound loads better - well worth it IMO.

Comment

Hi Mate you think you are being ignored. I am still playing a TD6V which came out probably before most of the guys here were even born.

If anybody is getting ignored here, its me lol.

Comment

Yup, and Iím trying to repair an FD8. Luckily there are only 3 parts.
              Equipment: TD-30KV, DW9000 hardware, ROC-N-SOC Throne, Behringer ULTRATONE K3000FX Amp, JBL EON 615 Powered Speaker, Yamaha MG06X. 1965 Ludwig Super Classic. Black diamond pearl. Zildjian K Custom Dark cymbals, DW 7000 hardware, DW 9000 kick pedal.

Comment

Yea but out of those three parts, two and a half are sh-t

Comment

Originally posted by Banjo bud View Post
                  I thought this kit was one of the best for the money yet I rarely see posts on this forum about it. Is there a reason for this? Is it that nobody has it? Or maybe itís such a great kit that nobody has any problems or questions about it?
                  I guess generally about 90% of users on forums like these are either pros or enthusiasts (use higher end gear than the TD11) or newbs (user cheaper gear).
                  A TD11KV upgraded with a PDX-12 as Snare and maybe triggering a VST is quite a cool kit.
                  PDP M5 Cherry Red, Drumtec Design Mesh Heads,Jobeky/ 2Box/Roland /ddt Triggers, Roland/Yamaha Cymbals:FD-9, CY-12C, CY13R, PCY135, PCY155 . TD17 Module. Triggering AD2 and SSD5.

Comment

Have a TD11KV and find it absolutely perfect - I use it with onboard sounds to practice and running through Logic triggering - Apple Drums, Battery 3&4 BFD and EZ Drummer 2

It is a great rig - I couple that with a KB and my Zendrum and well ... with the exception of wanting a newer MAc ... all is ducky

Just finished my album

http://drumlion.ca
                    Mac Book Pro - High Sierra.

Logic Pro X with M-Audio Keyboard, Zendrum, TD 11 KV, V Expressions, Native Instruments - Battery 3 & 4, BFD, EZ Drummer, Aubit Samples.

Comment

Working...
                    X