Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

This forum is for general e-drumming discussion only! Do not ask product/advice/technical questions. Topics posted incorrectly will be deleted.
See more
See less

Summer NAMM 19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summer NAMM 19

Edit td25 not discountinued

Roland not sheduled to be there.
    Last edited by Chris K; 07-05-19, 12:58 PM.

My old TD6V has positional sensing.

Comment

Originally posted by John.b View Post
      Funny-Cookie-Meme-Give-That-Man-A-Cookie-Picture.jpg
      Alan
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | twitter | message
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by John.b View Post
        it does?
        Roland TD-6v all mesh, kick swapped for KD-85 mesh with iron cobra 900 double pedal, hart e-cymbals, with drum splitters, and swapped CY-5 hi-hat (now using as cymbal) for an L80 hi-hat with cheap-o trigger with goedrum hi hat controller. EZdrummer2 VST with VEX packs.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris K View Post
          Edit td25 not discountinued

Roland not sheduled to be there.
          I'm gonna leave this for any Summer NAMM things that do materialize. (although, I don't expect anything at this time)
          Alan

Comment

ATV will be there. Just FYI FWIW.
            Alan

Comment

Roland had just a small presence (IE: Not much) at the Winter Namm didn't they?
              It seems odd that the largest producer of E-Drums would have nothing to show....
              Given the age of the TD-25 I would imagine that surely they are cooking something?....

Comment

Originally posted by Vigosh View Post
                Roland had just a small presence (IE: Not much) at the Winter Namm didn't they?
                It seems odd that the largest producer of E-Drums would have nothing to show....
                Given the age of the TD-25 I would imagine that surely they are cooking something?....
                Are you referring to new Edrums? I wouldn't call their "booth" a small presence!

Comment

Actually, Roland did cut back at this past winter NAMM. They did not get the large (huge) booth they usually do, but I suspect they'll only be doing that on major releases moving forward. As for summer, they almost always only show Boss products. Very rarely do they actually throw in "Roland" releases in the summer.
                  Alan

Comment

That booth looked pretty huge to me! There was a performance stage and alot of people there. The 2018 Namm Roland booth was smaller.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Warren View Post
                      That booth looked pretty huge to me! There was a performance stage and alot of people there. The 2018 Namm Roland booth was smaller.
                      Maybe I have my years screwed up. I thought it was this past January they downsized from the huge booth the previous year. All I remember is they had something like a third of the damn show taken up (lol) one year, and then the next year, they didn't. I'm probably off a year, but I thought that was the recent show.
                      Alan

Comment

Originally posted by Alan VEX View Post

Maybe I have my years screwed up. I thought it was this past January they downsized from the huge booth the previous year. All I remember is they had something like a third of the damn show taken up (lol) one year, and then the next year, they didn't. I'm probably off a year, but I thought that was the recent show.
                        The recent show was back to having the stage and performances. 2018 was really different and smaller. 2017 was a larger area and had bigger name performers. They moved all the audio to a new building and Roland was there. It is less mayhem than having everything in the main hall. If I go next year, I think I will skip Saturday. It is way too crowded with maybe 100,000 people.

Comment

Starts today - any bets on anything exciting materializing?
                          Pearl MIMIC Pro, TD50DP, ATV aD5, ATV aDrums Expanded, SD3, Presonus Quantum 2

Comment

Originally posted by molson View Post
                            Starts today - any bets on anything exciting materializing?
                            Conclusion 0, roland did not showed any current edrum, atv showed nothing new, no pro line etc..yamaha 0, pearl was not there etc.

I am afraid the market is too much small for big innovations and newer attemps to do things are the same outdated 10 years old tech, if you see on other instrument, edrum look like living in 90 erra in general at very tiny exception.

Big problem is many users indirectly are promoting to stick in these erra.
                            Last edited by Chris K; 07-22-19, 09:42 PM.

Comment

When it's quiet like this, it's because they are in the final prep phase for Winter NAMM. I wouldn't be surprised to see some releases in January. Roland has one of the biggest booths reserved at the entrance in January.

Roland also just recently moved to a larger distribution center in CA as well.
                              Alan

Comment

Working...
                              X