Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

This forum is for general e-drumming discussion only! Do not ask product/advice/technical questions. Topics posted incorrectly will be deleted.
See more
See less

Playing Live With Electronic....What to do about the clicking noises?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playing Live With Electronic....What to do about the clicking noises?

Hey folks,

I have an acoustic set that I converted to electronic. Love it and it fits my lifestyle well as I can practice at 2 AM without waking up the family. I'd like to start gigging with it at some small local shops (like 30'x40' kinda places). My guitarist and I can go into the PA's, but concerned that the audience is just gonna hear a bunch of clicking from whenever I hit anything, be it the cymbals or the mesh heads. Is this a general problem? What do people do to overcome this? Just keep cranking it up? Is it hard to overcome or is it a genuine problem? I would think the problem is that much more difficult if you go with something mellow rather than heavy. Is there a solution?

Thanks

" but concerned that the audience is just gonna hear a bunch of clicking from whenever I hit anything, be it the cymbals or the mesh heads. Is this a general problem?"

No. Unless you're performing to 3 people in a bathroom with a 5W PA.

What do people do to overcome this?
    - Nothing. It's a non-problem.

I would think the problem is that much more difficult if you go with something mellow rather than heavy. Is there a solution?
    - No "solution" needed.
    - Yamaha silicone pads if you're really that paranoid.
    *** Never buy a module without MIDI IN ***
    Yamaha & Roland modules. DTX,TM-2, EC-10m, SP-404. Multi12. TrapKat. ControlPads. Octapad, SamplePad, Wavedrum. Handsonic. Dynacord RhythmStick. MPC. Paiste 2002/Signatures. Cajons. Djembes. Darbuka. Windsynth. MIDI Bass. Tenori-on. Zoom ARQ. Synths. Ukes.

Comment

Well that's good to hear! It's fairly loud when practicing which is why I use headphones, but guess in a social setting with PA it's not an issue. Thanks

Comment

Cool. Have fun.....
        *** Never buy a module without MIDI IN ***
        Yamaha & Roland modules. DTX,TM-2, EC-10m, SP-404. Multi12. TrapKat. ControlPads. Octapad, SamplePad, Wavedrum. Handsonic. Dynacord RhythmStick. MPC. Paiste 2002/Signatures. Cajons. Djembes. Darbuka. Windsynth. MIDI Bass. Tenori-on. Zoom ARQ. Synths. Ukes.

Comment

Working...
        X