Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

E-DRUMMING DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!
See more
See less

Authentic Blues Drumming - Tony Coleman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Authentic Blues Drumming - Tony Coleman

Attention drummers: in my opinion watch this once a week for the rest of your life. This guy is conveying more wisdom about drumming, and life, than I have heard in any drumming video. I've been drumming a very long time. I've been frustrated by many a drummer, many students, and such, a very long time. The overwhelming majority of drummers don't "get it." That's my opinion. This guy gets it, in my opinion. And he has been successful because of that. Drumming, in my humble opinion, is not necessarily only about doing fast activities that are out of place, and out of tune with what is happening. 99% of hit records this play basic simple drumming, but it's not basic and simple: masters of drums, like this guy, make it sound that way. And for the 11 people who disliked this video: stop drumming, immediately.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmVJZf92RtE
    TD-9 Module Gen 2; TMC-6 Slave Module; PD-105BK; PD-85BK x 3; CY-13R x 1; CY-12C x 3; Kit Toy China 15" x 1; Kit Toy Splash 10" x 2; KD-9; CY-5 x 2; FD-7-; Pintech Dinbat used as Cowbell; TDA-700 & Roland KCW-1 Sub Woofer; Pearl 902 Double Pedal; ROC-N-SOC V- Stool with Back Rest

Yea seen this guy before. Great feel, which I have always said, is the basis of being a good drummer. It don't matter how many chops, tricks, rudiments and licks you play, it is all about the feel and how you convey it. And I have something in common with the great guy, I used the butt end of the stick on the snare too.

Comment

Originally posted by John.b View Post
      Yea seen this guy before. Great feel, which I have always said, is the basis of being a good drummer. It don't matter how many chops, tricks, rudiments and licks you play, it is all about the feel and how you convey it. And I have something in common with the great guy, I used the butt end of the stick on the snare too.
      Yup
      He has played with so many and on so many hit records, a blues master
      TD-9 Module Gen 2; TMC-6 Slave Module; PD-105BK; PD-85BK x 3; CY-13R x 1; CY-12C x 3; Kit Toy China 15" x 1; Kit Toy Splash 10" x 2; KD-9; CY-5 x 2; FD-7-; Pintech Dinbat used as Cowbell; TDA-700 & Roland KCW-1 Sub Woofer; Pearl 902 Double Pedal; ROC-N-SOC V- Stool with Back Rest

Comment

Here's another cat with incredible feeling, Terence Clark, he plays with the Robert Cray band, I don't know 100% sure this is him laying down this particular studio track, I assume it is, either way he is still a monster in groove and feel, and if you haven't checked out Robert Cray in my highest beseeching please check this guy out, Robert Cray is a massively underrated blues player, blues writer, blues singer, blues guitarist, never understood why Robert Cray didn't become better known than he has. if you have not yet found Robert Cray, you may thank me later.
        Robert Cray Moan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISNe-NgvewE
        Last edited by GuruMyStick; 06-11-19, 03:24 PM.

Comment

Yea that's good and you are right, you never heard much of Robert Cray. The drummer shows that you don't need to be busy to convey the feel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-vo90v5KNA

Remember this guy. One of my all time favourites.
          'If the River was whiskey and I was a diving duck, I'd dive to the bottom and never ever come up'. My signature tune.

Comment

Working...
          X