Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

E-DRUMMING DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!
See more
See less

TD-10 for VST triggering?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mkok
    replied
    The td20 gives you plenty of trigger inputs and positional sensing so a good module.

Leave a comment:

• SilverJS
    replied
    Yeah - someone was going to pick it up today. . Picked up that td20 last night after all.

Leave a comment:

• mkok
    replied
    I would be very wary of getting a td10. These are very old now.

Leave a comment:

• winterson
    replied
    lol. i know the exact one you're talking about, i had my eye on it as well but won't be in toronto for a while. guess it won't still be there when i do though haha.

Leave a comment:

• Chris K
    replied
    Hi,
    You will need to check the cone inside the triggers, I suspect this kit is old, and will have terrible hot spot, if the owner did not changed the cone, you will definitively need to buy new cone and replace them. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyLp3Da60uw on VST it will be more drastic effect since it use lots of layers, not like 2-3 samples low dynamic range.

Ps Older module can have issue with LCD as well.
    Last edited by Chris K; 05-31-19, 03:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Ericdrumz
    replied
    sure.. replaceable.. but you need the exact same size (fixed crossbar height).. maybe they are still good..
    and yes, pd120 pads are dual zone.. but i thought pd125 had better 360 triggering (for snare rimshots) ..

Leave a comment:

• SilverJS
    replied
    Awesome, thanks for response. Kinda what I was thinking. The cones are user replaceable though right?

Also - I figure I'd probably want to get a CY-15R for the ride, and yes, some dual trigger pad for the snare, although I thought the td-10 had that already...?

Leave a comment:

• Ericdrumz
    replied
    pd-120 type pads are fine for toms, kick ..especially if you don't trigger rim sounds (tom rims) ..pd-125 (basket) would be better for that..
    i'm not saying they are bad at rim triggering.. but for snare, you might want a pd-125 (or something bigger, or even a side triggered snare)
    td-4 is possible ..but what i would do is.. buy a td-17 module.. with the td-10 kit.. use internal cymbals/ hi-hat/ kick sounds and
    trigger vst toms and snare via midi.. ..feed audio through a line mixer and mix all audio into 1 kit ..
    it would be best if you could check all pad trigger cones condition (for wear) of said td-10 kit if you decide this route.. ..
    Last edited by Ericdrumz; 05-31-19, 01:40 PM.

Leave a comment:

• SilverJS
    started a topic TD-10 for VST triggering?

TD-10 for VST triggering?

Hey all,

Quick question : was just about to buy a td-20 kit but came across a td-10 (expanded, but whatever), red with 4 toms and mesh bass drum, for 1000 CAD. All I want is to trigger VSTs - already have a dedicated studio computer with a audio interface that has old-school MIDI in/out.

My gut tells me the td-10 will be fine but just want to confirm. At the very least, are the pads/cymbals good enough? I could replace just the module for a td-4 or something if that's all that's needed too.

Quick responses appreciated, thanks!
Working...
X