Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

This forum is for general e-drumming discussion only! Do not ask product/advice/technical questions. Topics posted incorrectly will be deleted.
See more
See less

Using gaffer tape to cover up white bottoms on CY cymbals? Better option?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using gaffer tape to cover up white bottoms on CY cymbals? Better option?

Hey All, Just ordered a Massive TD-50 Kit with many extras (pics to come), All cymbals are the newer TD 17/50 design (black bottoms).

I have always hated the white bottoms of the older Roland cymbals (why did they do that), I have two CY-12's that I want to "cover up" the bottoms so that they match the cymbals on the rest of the kit.

Best way to do this?, I have tried black gaffer tape and it looks OK (from a distance), but ideally would like to use one big piece of something so there are no lines.
    I'd like to avoid painting of any kid, looking for a simpler option.

Has anyone done this?, How did you do it.

Cheers,
    Vig.

Have you try vinyl skin for car ? Amazon sale for cheap price. You can try it.

Comment

Please keep us posted Vigosh. I think others here (me included) may be interested in how this turns out.

Comment

you say you don't like 'paint' .. but it would look the sleakest.. ..and you have this 'spray on black rubber' which is still peelable ..
        if i were to do this .. that's what i would use .. after taping/ separating the white part.. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Plasti-Dip-.../dp/B0006SU3QW
        or i would search for 'matte black rubber peel off spray paint' ..
        | Diy Roland/Yamaha e-kit | Sonor/Gretsch a-kit | Zildjian/Sabian/Ufip cymbals

Comment

Working...
        X