Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

This forum is for general e-drumming discussion only! Do not ask product/advice/technical questions. Topics posted incorrectly will be deleted.
See more
See less

Which module is your main module?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thebigzw
    started a poll Which module is your main module?

Which module is your main module?

Pearl Mimic Pro
    28.89%
    Roland TD50
    12.22%
    Roland TD30
    13.33%
    Alesis Strike
    2.22%
    Other Roland
    18.89%
    Other Alesis
    1.11%
    Yamaha
    4.44%
    ATV AD5
    10.00%
    2Box
    3.33%
    Any other module
    5.56%
    I'm sure a pool like this has been posted before, but I'm curious as to the breakdown here.

I didn't get into specific 2 box or Yamaha modules because they don't seem too popular here.

Only looking for which one is your main. I'd you have 2, choose one please.

If your specific module isn't listed, phrase choose the most appropriate option and post what you use.

• molson
    replied
    Originally posted by Chris K View Post
    Just in case if one interrested, at edrumcenter mimic at 1799$ new, only few left.
    Nice price and Erik is a great guy to buy from!

Leave a comment:

• Chris K
    replied
    Just in case if one interested, at edrumcenter mimic at 1799$ new, only few left.
    Last edited by Chris K; 04-18-19, 08:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

• purpledc
    replied
    I went from the strike module to the mimic. There was no comparison. The strike was interesting in the fact you could put mulit layer samples into the module but they all had to be preprocessed as the strike has very limited EQ and Compression settings. You cant shape the sound really with them just minorly tweak it. I actually ordered the mimic just because I was curious. I didn't even know if I was going to keep it when I bought it. I played it for an hour and It was very clear that there was going to be no going back. Plus I just didn't have confidence in the strike modules ability to remain functional past the warranty period.
    Last edited by purpledc; 04-16-19, 07:59 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Xabiss
    replied
    TD17 for me.

Leave a comment:

• winterson
    replied
    Originally posted by molson View Post
    Mimic, TD50 and aD5 for me - only because I'm terrible at making decisions
    terrible at making decisions eh? wanna give me your TD50 for free? that would be a pretty terrible decision.

Leave a comment:

• molson
    replied
    Mimic, TD50 and aD5 for me - only because I'm terrible at making decisions

Leave a comment:

• vChip
    replied
    TD-50 for me. I blend TD50 sounds with SD3 for recording.

Leave a comment:

• Peter Warren
    replied
    Mimic Pro for me. I got to play the prototype at Namm and ordered one of the early ones. I made a plan to sell the TD 50 module after trying the Mimic at Namm. It has been reliable for me and of course sounds amazing. The samples are audiophile quality.

Leave a comment:

• Ericdrumz
    replied
    i never had 1 module.. always 2 .. roland td10/20 .. (later vst) .. roland td20x/ 2box 5 .. now aD5/ 2box 5
    (ok.. i started with just 1 module ..)
    Last edited by Ericdrumz; 04-06-19, 05:01 AM.

Leave a comment:

• tivi
    replied
    yes .. it was $1600, he lowered to $1550 .. SOLD .. whoever got very good DEAL

Leave a comment:

• Alan VEX
    replied
    Originally posted by tivi View Post
    there is a sale in Classified, a PMP with case and VEX for $1550 shipped .. that is very cheap ...
    I think the one you're talking about sold.

Leave a comment:

• rdubu
    replied
    Originally posted by tivi View Post
    there is a sale in Classified, a PMP with case and VEX for $1550 shipped .. that is very cheap ...
    #WorkingOn30Posts...

lol

Thanks for the tip man

Leave a comment:

• tivi
    replied

Leave a comment:

• thebigzw
    replied
    I had a strike, sold ou when I got an amazing deal on a mimic, then recently bought a strike again to see how I like it. Jury is still out on that. I love the strike. I the there would be at least a few strike users here

Leave a comment:

Working...
X