Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

This forum is for general e-drumming discussion only! Do not ask product/advice/technical questions. Topics posted incorrectly will be deleted.
See more
See less

Which module is your main module?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mimic Pro for me. I got to play the prototype at Namm and ordered one of the early ones. I made a plan to sell the TD 50 module after trying the Mimic at Namm. It has been reliable for me and of course sounds amazing. The samples are audiophile quality.

Comment

TD-50 for me. I blend TD50 sounds with SD3 for recording.

Comment

Mimic, TD50 and aD5 for me - only because I'm terrible at making decisions
        Pearl MIMIC Pro, TD50DP, ATV aD5, ATV aDrums Expanded

Comment

Originally posted by molson View Post
          Mimic, TD50 and aD5 for me - only because I'm terrible at making decisions
          terrible at making decisions eh? wanna give me your TD50 for free? that would be a pretty terrible decision.

Roland TD-6v all mesh, kick swapped for KD-80 mesh with iron cobra 900 double pedal, added pintech and yamaha cymbals with drum splitters, and swapped CY-5 hi-hat (now using as cymbal) for an L80 hi-hat with cheap-o trigger (need to add goedrum hi hat controller to replace FD-8). using free trial version of SSD5 VST and MTpowerdrumkit.

Comment

TD17 for me.

Comment

I went from the strike module to the mimic. There was no comparison. The strike was interesting in the fact you could put mulit layer samples into the module but they all had to be preprocessed as the strike has very limited EQ and Compression settings. You cant shape the sound really with them just minorly tweak it. I actually ordered the mimic just because I was curious. I didn't even know if I was going to keep it when I bought it. I played it for an hour and It was very clear that there was going to be no going back. Plus I just didn't have confidence in the strike modules ability to remain functional past the warranty period.
              Last edited by purpledc; 04-16-19, 07:59 AM.

Comment

Just in case if one interested, at edrumcenter mimic at 1799$ new, only few left.
                Last edited by Chris K; 04-18-19, 08:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris K View Post
                  Just in case if one interrested, at edrumcenter mimic at 1799$ new, only few left.
                  Nice price and Erik is a great guy to buy from!
                  Pearl MIMIC Pro, TD50DP, ATV aD5, ATV aDrums Expanded

Comment

Working...
                  X