Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

ē The Lounge is for general e-drumming discussion only. Please do not ask product/technical questions. Topics posted incorrectly will be deleted.
See more
See less

Which module is your main module?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which module is your main module?

I'm sure a pool like this has been posted before, but I'm curious as to the breakdown here.

I didn't get into specific 2 box or Yamaha modules because they don't seem too popular here.

Only looking for which one is your main. I'd you have 2, choose one please.

If your specific module isn't listed, phrase choose the most appropriate option and post what you use.
    Pearl Mimic Pro
    36.23%
    Roland TD50
    7.25%
    Roland TD30
    14.49%
    Alesis Strike
    0%
    Other Roland
    18.84%
    Other Alesis
    1.45%
    Yamaha
    2.90%
    ATV AD5
    10.14%
    2Box
    2.90%
    Any other module
    5.80%

i have a td-6v. it isn't great.
    Roland TD-6v all mesh, kick swapped for KD-80 mesh with DW5000 double pedal, added pintech and yamaha cymbals with drum splitters, and swapped CY-5 hi-hat (now using as cymbal) for an L80 hi-hat with cheap-o trigger (need to add goedrum hi hat controller to replace FD-8). Attempting (currently failing) to use free trial version of SSD5 VST.

Comment

TD17 module here.
      Check out The Stewards on any major streaming platform, including the ones below.
      Soundcloud - https://soundcloud.com/the-stewards
      Spotify - https://open.spotify.com/artist/4DkksGVF7ujfj7KupB6wdD
      Deezer - https://www.deezer.com/us/artist/51527662

Comment

I've been using a TD-12 for the past 5 or 6 years. I recently went back to an acoustic kit so it's being retired from my set-up.
        Roland TD-12, Pearl DRX-1 tom and snare pads, Roland PD-8 pads for cymbals, DW pedals and stands, Pearl and Gibraltar hardware

Comment

TD-11, triggering AD2 and SSD5 (not using oboard sounds anymore).

Works for me. Everything significantly better for my usecase (even better Latency, more inputs) costs more than my whole current setup.
          Roland TD11 Module, Pearl Forum, Sonor Snare, Drumtec Design Mesh, 2Box Triggers, Roland Cym., GoEDrum HiHat Ctl with Yamaha PCY135. Trigger ing AD2 and SSD5.

Comment

Now I know why the mimic gets so much space on here. Half the people have one ;-) itís a good thing as it means the Roland monopoly may well have been broken and may open up for more manufacturers. Iíd still like to have a go on one but havenít found anywhere near me where I can try one. Gear4music sell them but donít have one out to play.
            Roland TD30 module on TD20 kit SD3 with various kits. Pearl Masters Kit, Yamaha 9000RC original natural wood finish. Cymbals from Zildgian Pasite and Sabian. Loads of percussion bits. Cubase and Wavelab always current versions.

Comment

Megadrum (Any other module)

Predominantly using SD3. It's not the perfect module, but it's flaws are forgivable given the triggering and latency (the most important qualities) are better than most Roland modules I've played. Still the best value path to e-drumming Nirvana imo.
              ♦ Diamond Drums 4pc in Di-Noc carbon ♦ MegaDRUM + Roland UA-1010 / cymbals / KT-10 (x2) ♦ Tama / Gibraltar hardware ♦ JBL LSR3 Series 2.1 Monitoring
              Community Drum Module Document
              PA Specifications (wip)

Comment

I've always been interested in the megadrum.....

I'm really surprised there aren't more Roland modules. I bet before the mimic the td30 would have ran away with this poll

Comment

All I can say is, I hope Roland is reading. This was my prediction in 2017 in simple black & white... and green and yellow and red and purple and ...
                  Alan
                  -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | twitter | message
                  -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

TD-25 here. Good enough for my purposes. Tried the 2Box Drumit 5 and the ATV aD5 but have always gone back to Roland.
                    TD-25KV, Yamaha DXR15, MG10. Senn 280HD.

Comment

TD-12 as long my own MegaDrum based will not be complete.
                      Roland TD-12 module, MegaDrum Trigger module, DIY DareStone CLDRUMWH A2E drum conversion, DIY rack using Dixon clamps, Pearl P-932 double pedal, DIY A2E Chang dual zone cymbals.

Comment

After 30+ years of gigging, I'm done.
                        Using a TD-17 to trigger Superior Drummer 3 and various Toontrack expansions.

Happily at home, recording drum tracks to previous band mate's songs.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan VEX View Post
                          All I can say is, I hope Roland is reading. This was my prediction in 2017 in simple black & white... and green and yellow and red and purple and ...
                          They are focusing on things that the majority don't care, maybe it will change who knows, but I am afraid for older generation they don't care much, newer one which they never used vdrum, they are blow away with td-17\td25 range module and all hybrid range is their main market, people that started with td-10\td20-td30 are replaced with newer generation, older generation want different things, but the same cycle continue for the youngest.
                          Last edited by Chris K; 03-11-19, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Perkussion View Post
                            After 30+ years of gigging, I'm done.
                            Using a TD-17 to trigger Superior Drummer 3 and various Toontrack expansions.

Happily at home, recording drum tracks to previous band mate's songs.
                            You can live happily without seeing drunk females climb onstage to sway as they belt out: "Ride, Sall-y, RIDE!" ?!?

Me...... I miss it.

Immensely powerful yet with a liquid cat-quick elegance

Comment

I started out with an old pintech module i used to trigger my bass drums. My 1st set of edrums was a yamaha dx explorer(all rubber pads) i sold that and got an all mesh roland td9. Than i started my A to E and now i have the ad5 module and i love it.

Comment

Working...
                              X