Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

ē The Lounge is for general e-drumming discussion only. Please do not ask product/technical questions. Topics posted incorrectly will be deleted.
See more
See less

Who Would Buy Used Mesh Heads?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Would Buy Used Mesh Heads?

So as I was looking on eBay for a 12" Mesh Head, I found someone selling a LOT OF TORN Mesh Heads for $45. Who would buy a torn mesh head? Are they worth anything to anybody? Am I missing something?
    Last edited by mayhemkrew; 02-14-19, 12:04 PM.
    | redgearmusic.com | soundcloud | twitter | YouTube | Roland TD-30KSE Kit |

Lol, I'm usually the type that thinks one man's trash is another's treasure - and can DIY just about anything, but even I am struggling to understand what you could do with these. Maybe cannibalize a couple of them to make patches and patch the others from underneath with some super glue? They're going to be ugly as sin, but I guess they would work for an emergency replacement in a gig situation...or making a small ugly second kit for your kid to beat on or something...

Comment

Also, I've had the same roland heads for almost 12 years and none of them even have any worn spots. Was the person playing these drums using swords lol?

Comment

I'll admit, I have gone through 2 mesh heads on my snare. The first was the original Remo that came with my TD-30 and it tore through the top layer in a year; I blame my drumstick tip (wood) for that one. The second is a Prism 3-ply that the middle layer has a "running" tear but still functions great, but I ordered a replacement for quicker replacement. I play pretty hard and the Prism head I tighten pretty good for better positional sensing.
        Last edited by mayhemkrew; 02-16-19, 06:02 PM.
        | redgearmusic.com | soundcloud | twitter | YouTube | Roland TD-30KSE Kit |

Comment

Originally posted by mayhemkrew View Post
          The first was the original Remo that came with my TD-30 and it tore through the top layer in a year; I blame my drumstick tip (wood) for that one.
          Brings up a good question, what do most of you use for drumstick tips; nylon or wood?
          E-kit: TD50KV with KD A22, SPD-SX, BT-1, Acoustic: DW Custom, Maple Mahogany, Zildjian K Customs, Sweet and Darks, Pork Pie Thrones, Tama Speed Cobras and DW HW, Zildjian sticks. Midas 32C, MD421, EV ND46, ND96, SM57, SM81. Past kits include Roland TD9 Mesh and TD30K.

Comment

my pd-100 and pd120 mesh heads still looking new after ... 20 years of playing

Comment

well, some (weird) people pay money for used panties ? ...i don't know..
              | Diy Roland/Yamaha e-kit | Sonor/Gretsch a-kit | Zildjian/Sabian/Ufip cymbals

Comment

Nothing wrong with buying used mesh heads if they are in good condition because they last for years but i don't know why anyone would buy used mesh heads with holes in them. I have never wore out a mesh head so i don't even know how these people are getting holes in them,my guess is felt beaters on mesh bass drum heads and wood tip sticks on the others.

Comment

iíve had the same set of mesh heads for about 10 years and use only wood tip sticks with them. they donít look close to developing holes or tears and i play them almost daily
                  TD9 v1 > Scarlett 2i4 > macbook running SD3 and Garageband // TD9 v1 > Scarlett 6i6 > imac running SD3 and Logic // Zendrum > Stompblock > Scarlett 2i4 > macbook running SD3 and Garageband // ATH-M30x headphones / Yamaha DBR10 // small acoustic kits with Zildjian Ks, plus a few As and Sabians

Comment

Yeah I use wood tips also and not a mark on the mesh heads and Iíve had these for years. Iím not particularly a soft hitter either although I donít drive the sticks into the head.
                    Roland TD30 module on TD20 kit SD3 with various kits. Pearl Masters Kit, Yamaha 9000RC original natural wood finish. Cymbals from Zildgian Pasite and Sabian. Loads of percussion bits. Cubase and Wavelab always current versions.

Comment

Not me.

Comment

Working...
                      X