Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

This forum is for general e-drumming discussion only! Do not ask product/advice/technical questions. Topics posted incorrectly will be deleted.
See more
See less

Best amplification sound options for vdrums?/TD 17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• markgt
    replied
    No worries. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction/ Iíll do some searching later tonight.

peace ☮️
    Mark

Leave a comment:

• GuruMyStick
    replied
    Originally posted by markgt View Post
    Hey all. Been lurking a long time/enjoying posts and research...

Based on the forum, I just got a Roland TD 17 KV, which I love BTW. My first edrum set.

my issue: headphones sound amazing. Truly.

I play in a really small room and bought a small Simmons 25 watt edrum amp to use occasionally. It sounds so much worse than the phones! Like night and day. Muddy. Little discrimination between the different kits.

1) is this pretty normal that external amplification is so much worse than headphones ?

2) any better small amp suggestions to get a better sound? I really donít need an overly robust amp/ Iím in a really small room and only play by myself. Iíd like to get as close to the headphone experience as possible.

Thanks in advance
    I am not putting off your question, just saying friendly-wise that there are many threads that cover this topic extensively, search and you shall find a treasure trove of suggestions.

And IF you go with the Simmons IMO go with the higher watt version as it is much better, not a bad amp with a built in sub
    Last edited by GuruMyStick; 01-27-19, 05:24 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Peter Warren
    replied
    Powered PA speakers are the way to go.

Leave a comment:

• markgt
    replied
    Lol. I hear you, NathanE!

A smallish monitor(s) setup that sounds good may be a unicorn ...

but sometimes I like to play for my kids and sometimes my son plays and I like to hear what heís doing.

Can I do better than the Simmons 25 watt and still stay small?

Leave a comment:

• NathanE
    replied
    Just edited your post down a little to remove the unnecessary stuff:

Originally posted by markgt View Post

headphones sound amazing. Truly.

I really donít need an amp/ Iím in a really small room and only play by myself. Iíd like to get as close to the headphone experience as possible.

Thanks in advance
    I think you have your answer. Keep the headphones.

Leave a comment:

• markgt
    started a topic Best amplification sound options for vdrums?/TD 17

Best amplification sound options for vdrums?/TD 17

Hey all. Been lurking a long time/enjoying posts and research...

Based on the forum, I just got a Roland TD 17 KV, which I love BTW. My first edrum set.

my issue: headphones sound amazing. Truly.

I play in a really small room and bought a small Simmons 25 watt edrum amp to use occasionally. It sounds so much worse than the phones! Like night and day. Muddy. Little discrimination between the different kits.

1) is this pretty normal that external amplification is so much worse than headphones ?

2) any better small amp suggestions to get a better sound? I really donít need an overly robust amp/ Iím in a really small room and only play by myself. Iíd like to get as close to the headphone experience as possible.

Thanks in advance
Working...
X