Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

The Lounge is for general e-drumming discussion only. Please do not ask product/technical questions. Topics posted incorrectly will be deleted.
See more
See less

Machine Gunning?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Machine Gunning?

Maybe a silly question because the name kind of describes the issue. What is machine-gunning? I hear folks complaining about this all the time.

Its where you play a drum at speed and you get the same sample played. It sounds really unnatural as a real drum does not do this. Machine gun is basically how it sounds.
    Roland TD30 module on TD20 kit SD3 with various kits. Pearl Masters Kit, Yamaha 9000RC original natural wood finish. Cymbals from Zildgian Pasite and Sabian. Loads of percussion bits. Cubase and Wavelab always current versions.

Comment

Originally posted by Kirk Rummelhoff View Post
      Maybe a silly question because the name kind of describes the issue. What is machine-gunning? I hear folks complaining about this all the time.
      Hi, sorry if I come across as rude, but this has been discussed and explained a number of times. Consider using the custom Google search:
      http://www.vexpressionsltd.com/vdrums_search.html

The first result of "machine gunning" provides a nice explanation and discussion:
      https://www.vdrums.com/forum/general...my-explanation

​​​​​
      Pearl Mimic Pro, Roland TD-50/TD-30/SPD-SX - PD-140DS, BT-1, PD-85, 3xPD-105, 3xPD-125, KD-120, KD-7. Cymbals: CY-18DR, 2x CY-14C, 2x CY-15R, 2xCY-12C, CY-13R, 2xCY-5, 2x Yamaha PCY10, 2xTriggera D14

Comment

"Machine Gunning" it's because of lower kit sizes \ lacks sample pools, repetitive sound can happens on all instruments, toms, hihat, snare, ride bell etc.. With faster speed or complex playing. etc. Repetitive sound is even more amplified when using eq.
        Last edited by Chris K; 01-14-19, 06:01 PM.

Comment

Machine gunning can be overcome through correct pad setting adjustment.

As many machine-gunning topics get out of control pretty fast, I think qcaze was smart to provide the best topic. Therefore, I'll close this one, and machine-gun talk can continue in the other topic(s).
          Alan
          -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | twitter | message
          -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
          X