Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

The Lounge is for general e-drumming discussion only. Please do not ask product/technical questions. Topics posted incorrectly will be deleted.
See more
See less

It's that time of year again... NAMM 2019 Discussion Topic

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody seen or heard of these before?
    Got to try out Muzzio Drums, another example of large acoustic-electronic conversion kits becoming more popular.

Comment

I guess Yamaha has once again decided not to release any new Modules or kits at Namm. They have to be working on something. Too smart to not be involved in this ever growing e drum business.

Comment

What a great Namm 2019 ATV had:

- new drums
        - new module extension
        - new cymbal
        - new software for the aD5 module via iPad
        - new software update for the aFrame including new sound

Way to Go!

Comment

Originally posted by grtriage View Post
          Toontrack Announces Products for Release in 2019.

"During the final days of NAMM at an invitation-only event for a select group of music industry press representatives, Toontrack showcased some of the highlights to be released during the year as well as offered a press-exclusive first-hand look at EZbass.

NEW ANNOUNCEMENTS.
          • EZbass
          • Orchestral Percussion SDX
          • Decades SDX
          • Pop Punk EZX

https://www.toontrack.com/toontrack-20-years/
          Very intrigued by Decades for SD3 but what’s the point of announcing a library now with a “tentative availability date” of late 2019?
          Roland TD-12 + SD3 + Drum-tec stainless steel Pro snare, ATV 18” ride & some basic Roland pads.

Comment

Originally posted by superfish View Post

- new drums
            - new module extension
            - new cymbal

Way to Go!
            Which new cymbal???
            Roland TD-12 + SD3 + Drum-tec stainless steel Pro snare, ATV 18” ride & some basic Roland pads.

Comment

Originally posted by ilmagodiloz View Post

Which new cymbal???
              Not sure whats its call properly,
              but you can read more about it here from Japan 2018: https://www.vdrums.com/forum/general...ymbal-ad-c17fx

Here they call it a prototype, but since its at namm 2019 as well, i think we will see it in store.
              Maybe late summer???

Comment

Originally posted by superfish View Post

- new drums
                - new module extension
                - new cymbal

Way to Go!
                Don't forget new sounds with room mics - I'm personally looking forward to those.
                Pearl MIMIC Pro, ATV aD5, ATV aDrums Expanded

Comment

New NAMM video on the ATV aDrums Artist Pro Kit!

https://youtu.be/r1w93TXug-E
                  TD-30KSE - contemplating the TD-50 digital upgrade package...

Comment

Originally posted by tommyhip View Post
                    New NAMM video on the ATV aDrums Artist Pro Kit!

https://youtu.be/r1w93TXug-E
                    I just can’t buy into the whole true hybrid thing. Just make it an electronic kit and stop trying to sell it as an acoustic kit. Personally I am not going to take the time to swap out heads and re-tune the kit every time I need an acoustic kit. Also, how is going to sound acoustically with all the cones touching the heads? For the cost difference between this and the standard artist series I could buy a nice 5 pc PDP or Yamaha Stage Custom acoustic kit.
                    ATV aDrums, TD-50, aD5, Superior Drummer 3.0, Roland SPD-SX, Tama & DW Hardware.

Comment

Originally posted by Chance27 View Post

I just can’t buy into the whole true hybrid thing. Just make it an electronic kit and stop trying to sell it as an acoustic kit. Personally I am not going to take the time to swap out heads and re-tune the kit every time I need an acoustic kit. Also, how is going to sound acoustically with all the cones touching the heads? For the cost difference between this and the standard artist series I could buy a nice 5 pc PDP or Yamaha Stage Custom acoustic kit.
                      I feel the same way

Comment

Welll,,,,,, I just went thru a lengthy debate with myself about whether to go the more complicated hybrid conversion route or buy aDrums. I decided on the easier more reliable aDrums. Now this set up may obviate that problem. But I am likely in a small minority. If I were a frequently gigging drummer that felt I needed an acoustic kit for live work, this would not be an attractive alternative.

Comment

ATV are competing with Roland, don't be surprised with time will offert as much as product, in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                          X