Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

The Lounge is for general e-drumming discussion only. Please do not ask product/technical questions. Topics posted incorrectly will be deleted.
See more
See less

It's that time of year again... NAMM 2019 Discussion Topic

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's that time of year again... NAMM 2019 Discussion Topic

Every year... around this time... I've noticed things start to heat up. I don't know if it's simply the pressure of the season, or what; but some "spirited comments" begin to make their way into many topics around the end of the year, and during/after NAMM. I've noticed (and received a handful of PMs already on) some questionable comments beginning to make their way in this year a little early.

We needed a NAMM 2019 topic started. So I thought I'd start this off with a simple request for everyone to be a little more friendly this year.

Please take consideration how you're addressing others with your responses. Some snide comments are simply not needed, and they further the conversation in no way, but a negative direction.

Please treat representatives with dignity and respect. Each year, we see reps visit our forum to help answer questions. Consider the time and kindness they are devoting to our forum to answer our questions.

Please remember we're all looking at new (and old) products from different points of views and needs. What you need/desire may not be what the next drummer needs or desires. Some have a desire for a specific type of sound or feature that you may not. Others have completely opposite needs. Keep this in mind as you comment. Please don't force your views or desires on others.

With that said, let's get this show rolling...

What are you anticipating or looking forward to from NAMM 2019?

Let the speculations begin!

(this topic will be stuck and featured for around 90 days)
    Alan
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | twitter | message
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good idea Alan and thank you for the lead in.

I would love to hear something especially about the ATV EXS-5 as delivery is postponed and newly dated to end of February.

Personally Im interested in news about GEWAs G-9 and the sound quality something we have not been given to listen to...even if Im happy with my Mimic.

...hopefully some new sounds for the Mimic will be shown as forthcoming extensions...I think its time now to bring out new stuff and extension in sound as the competitors are not sleeping...

...and surely any news that will push the quality of edrumming forward...
    Last edited by rsm; 12-30-18, 03:27 PM.

Comment

great way to start this thread Alan,
      as of now, i am feeling very blessed with the gear i have at this point. but looking forward the when the SSD expansion packs are released not that i.m trying to rush on it as i totally understand it takes time to finish a great product
      Pearl Mimic pro, A to E 7 piece Pearl Decade maple, ddrum Deccabons, Ddrum DDTi, UFO X-bar triggers, Real feel heads, Gibraltar rack, VH13, PD105 side snare, Roc-N-Soc,Tama Iron Cobra, Iron cobra high hat stand, Cobra clutch, Pearl throne thumper, Roland and Kit Toys cymbals, Roland KC 500, Promark

Comment

I think Roland will show several new product, like new SPD, maybe a digital new triggers sided snare, others things hybrid, maybe ( replacement of td-25) but I exclude digital hihat, did not saw on any patents.

Yamaha might show us a surprise, who know.

I am not expecting any major ground breaking product at winter namm thought, each one have it's own limits, I am not living on windows xp era.
        Last edited by Chris K; 12-31-18, 08:00 AM.

Comment

Looking forward to anything that might relate to the Mimic. New sound packs, updated cymbal tips and more drums to choose from - even though it is so awesome as it is.

Interested in what gewa will bring, having not seen or heard a lot more than what seems to be far along prototypes.
          My Updated Website: https://blades.technology

Comment

Evans Mesh Heads:

https://www.musicradar.com/news/namm...mesh-drumheads
            Alan

Comment

New Meinl Cyms:

https://www.musicradar.com/news/namm...eserve-cymbals
              Alan

Comment

Zildjian in-ear monitors:

https://zildjian.com/gear/professional-ear-monitors

Comment

Would be awesome if Pearl & Slate release new sound packs, additional new drums/instruments & firmware to enhance new features for the Mimic!

Comment

Hoping to see the atv ad5 link add on

Comment

Originally posted by TWynn View Post
                      Would be awesome if Pearl & Slate release new sound packs, additional new drums/instruments & firmware to enhance new features for the Mimic!
                      That all sounds good, but I would be happy to see proper stick tip articulations for the crashes and rimshot articulations for the toms.
                      ATV aDrums, TD-50, aD5, Superior Drummer 3.0, Roland SPD-SX, Tama & DW Hardware.

Comment

Originally posted by demonocus View Post
                        Hoping to see the atv ad5 link add on
                        I'll second that!
                        ATV aDrums, TD-50, aD5, Superior Drummer 3.0, Roland SPD-SX, Tama & DW Hardware.

Comment

https://force.akaipro.com/

Last edited by Chris K; 01-17-19, 03:24 PM.

Comment

aDrums artist PRO

ATV expands the aDrums line with the aDrums artist PRO Kit. They are hi-quality, six-ply maple shells, with hand finished bearing edges, and a flawless finish that is buffed to high-luster perfection. When complete, we install an advanced multi-sensor trigger array and proprietary 2-ply mesh drum heads.

aDrums artist PRO drums will be available in these sizes: 20 Kick, 14 Tru-Hybrid Snare, 8, 10, & 12 Rack Toms, and 14 & 16 Floor Toms.

The aD-S14AP artist PRO snare drum brings Tru Hybrid flexibility to e-drummers. Shipped from the factory with mesh heads top and bottom, this snare drum has a breather hole in the shell and a throw off with snare wires already installed. Swap the mesh for the acoustic heads of your choosing, tweak some trigger settings, and your comfortably working in both the electronic and acoustic realms.

aDrums artist PRO Kits will come in Standard and Expanded configurations:

STD - 20 Kick, 14 Snare, 10 Tom, 14 Floor Tom - 14 Hi-Hat, 16 Crash, 18 Ride

EXP - 20 Kick, 14 Snare, 10 Tom, 12 Tom, 14 Floor Tom - 14 Hi-Hat, 2x16 Crash, 18 Ride

PRO Hardware: Single & Double Cymbal Stands, Pro Snare Stand

Note: Availability & Specification subject to change

atv2.jpg

atvpro.jpg
                            Last edited by Chris K; 01-20-19, 10:25 PM.

Comment

I think I might have just found my new 6pc.
                              Alan

Comment

Working...
                              X