Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

The Lounge is for general e-drumming discussion only. Please do not ask product/technical questions. Topics posted incorrectly will be deleted.
See more
See less

TD-17KVX vs TD -25KV

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD-17KVX vs TD -25KV

Hey guys. I'm new to the E drumming world. Looking to buy a middle or the road stand just wondered what the difference in these two sets is other than about $800. I realize the TD 25s have been out awhile. Just looking for your input.

Download both manuals from Roland's site to get the in-depth

The question's been discussed on here before.
    https://www.vdrums.com/forum/general...5-versus-td-17
    *** Never buy a module without MIDI IN ***
    Yamaha & Roland modules. DTX,TM-2, EC-10m, SP-404. Multi12. TrapKat. ControlPad. Wavedrum. Handsonic. Dynacord RhythmStick. MPC. Paiste 2002/Signatures. Cajons. Djembes. Darbuka. Windsynth. MIDI Bass. Tenori-on. Zoom ARQ. Loads o' synth modules. & some ukes

Comment

Td17 have more flexibility on the sound and you can imports sample.

Comment

I purchased the td17kvx last October. Im Very happy with if. It sounds great, I can’t compare it to the 25 but i can,t see how anything could sound any better from an ekit. Head phones of course. Also purchased the DA200s amp. Still would only use an accustic kit gigging at this point, unless you can mic a normal hi-hat. The hi-hat can be everything (dynamics) to a song in my opinion. I did purchase a normal hi-hat stand but it’s not giggable with the ekit cymbals. Also have made many drum kits and downloaded over 200 drumless songs from YouTube. There is only one thing more that needs changing. and don’t let this be the breaking point, you will need to adjust the kit volume (from the menu) to the song by hitting the “song” - “mix” - and then spin the dial to adjust the song level to match your downloaded song. Then adjust the main volume (one knob) again for your ear volume. Then tweak the Trebble knob for the highs/symbols and the base knob for you base drum. I’m kind of wishing I didn’t say anything, now reading it back. It takes about 10+ seconds and can be done on the fly. I know that sounds completely re****uless and it kind of is, but what a kit.

Comment

pop onto youtube and look up the channel 65drums. he does a quick comparison of ther td17kvx and the td25kv i beleive they are actually very similar in hardware, the big difference is the modules.

Comment

Originally posted by Tragusa113 View Post
            pop onto youtube and look up the channel 65drums. he does a quick comparison of ther td17kvx and the td25kv i beleive they are actually very similar in hardware, the big difference is the modules.
            Agree. All through it's still gonna come down to personal taste of sounds.

Comment

Working...
            X