Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whilst in the research phase, some questions are coming to mind.... here goes...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whilst in the research phase, some questions are coming to mind.... here goes...

Iím getting back into drumming. Iíve been out for too long.

Since funding is going to be slow, Iím using this time to read and do the weekend test drive mode (Guitar Center, test drive, poke around, lather rinse repeat). Every so often Iím going to drop out a question or two.

(As I expect funding will take 9 months or so, my mind isnít set in stone on any particular kit. All vendors have a blank slate with me, so......)

Right now, my guessing budget is going to be in the $2000 to $2500 range.

My shortlist are the following (in somewhat of a preference order):
    1. Alesis Strike Pro - To me, itís got a good comfortable feel. I like to flexibility the module seems to especially with the openness of the sounds
    2. Yamaha DTX720K - I ainít gonna lie, the flexibility offered in the iOS app caught my eye. Full disclosure, I havenít test drove a full DTX720. The closest I could find was a Yamaha DTX562 (I think.... snare was the only silicone pad)
    3. Roland TD-17KVX - The pads feel a bit small. The cymbals feel a bit ďoffĒ (for lack of a better term). But..... dat brain. The Bluetooth REALLY caught my eye plus the overall tuning that can be done helped.
    4. Jobeky 2Box kit - This one....... Iím very unfamiliar with 2Box but read great things. The acoustic converted has me...... intrigued at the possibilities.
    5. Jobeky TD-17 - See above about 2Box (minus the unfamiliarity of 2Box)

Full disclosure - The only reason the Jobekyís are further down the rankings are the concern itíd take up to 3 months to get the kit (after it took my 9 months or so to save) and the almost $300 shipping. (Yes I know itís coming from overseas but still.... )

So, my questions are regarding Jobeky and 2Box mainly.

Now, here are my questions....

Has anyone from the US in here ordered a Jobeky kit? What was your experience with the whole process?

What would be the most compelling reason to pick a 2Box module over a Roland?

Iíve found a few groups for the Alesis Strike where people share kit files and samples. Is there something like that for 2Box?

Take the TD17 KVX, and if your budget is 2000-2500 buy some bigger tom pads. You will get two PDX-100 for 150 each and a PDX-12 for the floor tom for 160 new, all native supported by the TD17 (Prices new in Germany, drumtec). You can then sell the 3 PDX-8 to recoup some of the value.

Every type of gear will support Roland Drum Brains, every question you have will be answered by a lot of fans and your product will still be supported (and working) years from now.

Comment

Originally posted by holzi2000 View Post
      Take the TD17 KVX, and if your budget is 2000-2500 buy some bigger tom pads. You will get two PDX-100 for 150 each and a PDX-12 for the floor tom for 160 new, all native supported by the TD17 (Prices new in Germany, drumtec). You can then sell the 3 PDX-8 to recoup some of the value.

Every type of gear will support Roland Drum Brains, every question you have will be answered by a lot of fans and your product will still be supported (and working) years from now.
      Donít get me wrong, I know thereís a lot of hate (probably well founded) on Alesis (lower end? *♂️) kits. I get it and chances are the Alesis Strike next year when Iíve got the money will probably fall down in preference. Iím open to the right kit for me (no offense to Roland or Yamaha) but for now, Iím really curious on 2Box and Jobeky.

A lot can change in a year. Iím not against Roland or Yamaha or Jobeky over Alesis. The Strike first impression on me was solid. Research is showing interesting findings.
      Last edited by Tazdrumm3r; 10-28-18, 06:43 PM.

Comment

OK. If You are looking at import You might AS Well Take a look at drumtec.
        High quality , Big Pads.

Comment

Originally posted by holzi2000 View Post
          OK. If You are looking at import You might AS Well Take a look at drumtec.
          High quality , Big Pads.
          As opposed to a Jobeky kit?

https://jobekydrums.co.uk/product-ca...s/jobeky-2box/

https://jobekydrums.co.uk/product/ne...lack-hardware/

Those are the two I have in mind. Iíd get that acoustic feel and look (I think thatís what immediately got me on the Strike).

If I recall, I think the lowest priced Drumtec would be out of my price range to be honest.
          Last edited by Tazdrumm3r; 10-28-18, 07:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X