Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

E-DRUMMING DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!
See more
See less

Tariffs might increase prices soon...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tariffs might increase prices soon...

A while back, someone mentioned prices will likely increase due to the recent tariff changes. I agreed with the opinion fully. I hope the tactic will ultimately do away with all tariffs one day.

That said, I wanted to remind everyone that those increases are expected to start taking effect this fall... specifically, economists stated September.

So, this topic is simply to remind those of you on the fence with a purchase in mind... you might want to do it soon. I fully expect we’ll see some hefty increases in the next 30-90 days.

I wouldn’t even wait for NAMM. I think NAMM might be slim this year for this very reason. Get those pre-orders in soon, if you already have your eye on something.

You’ve been warned.

Seriously. You’re warned.

PS: This doesn’t affect VEX.

Admin warning: Do not make this topic political. ALL POLITICAL POSTS WILL BE DELETED. Keep it about drums and G.A.S.
    Alan
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | twitter | message
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are you talking about the US here or worldwide?
    Roland TD30 module on TD20 kit SD3 with various kits. Pearl Masters Kit, Yamaha 9000RC original natural wood finish. Cymbals from Zildgian Pasite and Sabian. Loads of percussion bits. Cubase and Wavelab always current versions.

Comment

Originally posted by mkok View Post
      Are you talking about the US here or worldwide?
      I would say primarily the US in the immediate future, but I expect it will trickle to the world in time. That’s just my guess.
      Alan

Comment

By the way, I'm just saying that economists stated September would be the likely time we start seeing this... I would expect we'll feel it closer to Thanksgiving/Christmas. It will be disguised under all the Black Friday & holiday sales stuff, and people won't really realize it until probably 2019... although, I'm SURE the media is going to play this like a fiddle come mid-term election time. Regardless, we e-drummers will notice it almost overnight. Mark my words.
        Alan

Comment

According to one person, price in Europe increased 15% for Roland.
          Last edited by Chris K; 10-07-18, 02:51 AM.

Comment

Just FYI... an increase starts again Sunday. Don't freak. It's only 5% this time. If manufacturers go higher than that, question your purchasing power. (this is where discussion should be held here, IMO)

Hoping the current US/CH talks lead to tariff cancellation... and hoping Roland/ATV/etc. reverse course if they do. I'm just afraid this may lead to "future price preparedness" on future releases.

FWIW, I've already been told by Roland they are sacrificing at 0% profit on some products to the vendors. That's actually respectable to me. It shows they are doing what they can to help the market. (I think that's obviously lower end items, but that part's just a personal guess)

Again, please no political talk. Keep any follow-up to pricing/vendor/manufacturer discussion.

Originally posted by Chris K View Post
            According to one person, price in Europe increased 15% for Roland.
            I think last year only came to about a 7-10% increase to the consumer when it was all said and done. Seemed only certain products jumped. (higher end) I didn't follow it closely. Just going on a few prices I noticed.
            Alan

Comment

saw TD-17 module went up to $619 last night

Comment

Working...
              X