Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

E-DRUMMING DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!
See more
See less

Taking Care of and Cleaning V Drums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taking Care of and Cleaning V Drums

Hi Guys,

I have just bought my first e-kit (TD-1KPX2) and was wondering how do you go about keeping it clean and what to use.etc?

Thanks
    WM

I just dust mine when I notice itís disgracefully filthy!
    Roland TD30 module on TD20 kit SD3 with various kits. Pearl Masters Kit, Yamaha 9000RC original natural wood finish. Cymbals from Zildgian Pasite and Sabian. Loads of percussion bits. Cubase and Wavelab always current versions.

Comment

I just gave mine a good cleaning. After dusting I used a microfiber cloth and some turtle wax brand car interior cleaner. This gave everything a nice matte finish but I took it a step further. There is also a turtle wax brand car trim restorer. I used this on the cymbal pads and rubber rims and everything looks brand new.

Comment

I bought a kit cover. But haven't used it lol
        Roland TD-17 KVX - iMac 27" i9 16GB mem - Universal Audio Arrow audio interfac - Superior Drummer 3 - Logic x

Comment

Hi Mate I have always used Turtle Wax Black Flash on the synthetic rubber parts ie the cymbals and the original pads the kit came with but now with the mesh heads, cant do much with them, apart from replace the heads. I still use Black Flash on the cymbals though. Say every 6 months just to keep the rubber stuff supple.
          Last edited by John.b; 01-11-20, 11:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by John.b View Post
            Hi Mate I have always used Turtle Wax Black Flash on the synthetic rubber parts ie the cymbals and the original pads the kit came with but now with the mesh heads, cant do much with them, apart from replace the heads.
            You can just wash the mesh heads. Won't really help with functionality, just aesthetics.

Comment

Originally posted by Excessium View Post

You can just wash the mesh heads. Won't really help with functionality, just aesthetics.
              Is that in cold water though, and does it takes out the darker shady areas where you hit ?

Comment

Again....

https://youtu.be/fYLM2P5PB5Y
                Alan
                -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | twitter | message | recommendations

Comment

Originally posted by Alan VEX View Post
                  Well Alan I've been here 13 years and never seen this. Thanks mate.

Comment

Well, sorry. I've posted it a couple of times since he uploaded it last year. I thought it was a great video.
                    Alan
                    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | twitter | message | recommendations

Comment

Because my kit is perfectly clean I probably have not been looking for it LOL.

Comment

Alan VEX I was wondering if you've washed the mesh head of the digital snare yet. I haven't found info on what material the opaque layer is made from and not even Roland could tell me if it's washable.

Comment

Nope. I wouldn’t wash that one.
                          Alan

Comment

Working...
                          X