No announcement yet.

New Mimic Sounds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i like to use Electronic Tom sounds from TD-30 for mostly Newave music like JOY, Modern Talking, BadBoyBlue, C.C.Catch, BlueSystem ... anyone knows where to get these samples ? or I have to sample myself from TD-30 module? thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by tivi View Post

how do we do this, Chris? thanks.
      you shouldn't need to do anything. This is just the volume of your sample. A light stroke will sound quiet, a hard stroke will play the sample loud, it's the exact same sound just different volumes. I have 303/808/909 snares, hand claps, bass drops, tambourines, etc.... they all work this way. Single shots work good for what I use them for. I'm excited for when the editor is released. We're going to be able to create some pretty impressive sounds I think.

Noble & Cooley acoustics. Paiste cymbals.
      Mimic Pro, SPD SX, SPD30, SD3

Comment

thank you

Comment

how do we do this, Chris? thanks.
          you need to hit the hardest on the pad where the wav imported are assigned, until it sound the same loudness as the default mimic sound library, why? because the triggering is calibrated for default instruments db\amplitude\signal, if the imported wav is louder, reduce the volume on mimic, mic, direct mic for the wav to match default mimic, another alternative reduce the original wav amplitude to match default on computer wav editor, approx -6db, notice some wav are too much loud at base recording.
          Last edited by Chris K; 07-11-18, 05:56 PM.

Comment

thank Chris.

Comment

Any news about the upgrade?

Comment

Im wagering when it is confirmed to be bug free?
                Noble & Cooley a kit

Comment

Appears bug free to me now. No ETA, but I'd guess pretty soon? Soon meaning within weeks? All just guesses on my part.
                  Alan
                  -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | twitter | message
                  -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Waiting, waiting and some more waiting. Very normal for this product. Worth the wait I'm sure, just time consuming.
                    Get out the industrial strength bug repellent / killer.
                    Maybe by end of Summer?
                    "It makes sense if you dont think about it"

Mimic Pro, SPD-SX, 2-QSC K-10s, K-sub, Yamaha mixer, and a bunch of other expensive cool things!

Comment

Question I know that the onboard player will be less limited to one type of file & will run out of master outputs. Will it be the same for samples? My brother is a studio engineer and I had asked him to send me samples back when I got the 50's I see all kinds of percussion claps electro kits ect..
                      Last edited by Bobvan; 07-19-18, 12:57 PM.
                      Noble & Cooley a kit

Comment

Originally posted by Alan VEX View Post
                        Appears bug free to me now. No ETA, but I'd guess pretty soon? Soon meaning within weeks? All just guesses on my part.
                        Hooray.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobvan View Post
                          Will it be the same for samples? My brother is a studio engineer and I had asked him to send me samples back when I got the 50's I see all kinds of percussion claps electro kits ect..
                          Sample are wav format pretty standard format 16\24bits 44.1 khz
                          Last edited by Chris K; 07-24-18, 04:34 PM.

Comment

i'm still waiting patiently haven't update or even hook up my MIMIC to my Roland pads yet

Comment

i'm still waiting patiently haven't update or even hook up my MIMIC to my Roland pads yet
                              Why the hell not? LOL
                              Alan
                              website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | twitter | message

Comment

i know right stil love the TD-30 with VEX at the moment and don't have much time yet... i want to wait for 1.08 update then do it all at once

Comment

Working...
                                X