Any e-cymbals advices

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any e-cymbals advices

Hi, I'm a perfect newbie in the e-drum domain and I am looking for some advices.
    My main concern is to make/buy good quality e-cymbals.
    I 've been searching a lot on the web and found this Italian company GEARDRUM ? Have you ever heard about them ?
    https://www.facebook.com/geardrum/
    I hesitate between their LV cymbals kit, the one of Jobeky or the Stealth triggers.
    Have you any good advices to give.
    Thank you from Belgium?

What module...?
    *** Never buy a module without MIDI IN ***
    Yamaha & Roland modules. DTX,TM-2, EC-10m, SP-404. Multi12. TrapKat. ControlPad. Wavedrum. Handsonic. Dynacord RhythmStick. MPC. Paiste 2002/Signatures. Cajons. Djembes. Darbuka. Windsynth. MIDI Bass. Tenori-on. Zoom ARQ. Loads o' synth modules. & some ukes

Comment

I would stay very clear of the Italian company that do not even have a working website (under construction, it say's).
      if budget is an issue, Jobeky is a okay option, I assume here you look for metal cymbals with electronic triggers on them. I do not have any personal experiences with any of these but for the lower end cost, Jobeky is usable, I'm sure.
      Drum-Tec Pro-s w/Roland TD50 Module. Roland Cymbals, Drum-Tec hardware. Small basic home recording studio and hobby musician. I wish all of you a great day !! :)

Comment

I've played the Jobeky metal cymbals at a Drum show here in the UK last year and they worked well - I might buy a set some day if they come up with a nicer hi-hat implementation.

Jobeky have just moved into larger premises but not sure if they have improved delivery times, which can be very long - they posted on Facebook recently that the 'dark' and 'brilliance' metal ranges based on hand-made cymbals in Turkey can be a 4 month wait.
        TD-50 upgrade kit, Jobeky Prestige Custom shells, Paiste signature cymbals, DW Hardware, Allen & Heath mixer, pair Lewitt LCT 140 overhead mics, Fohhn Xperience III PA, Fohhn XT-33 active speaker drum monitor, Porter & Davies BC Gigster drum throne monitor

Comment

I have used Stealth triggers in all of my drums and on all of my cymbals for over 6 years. My cymbals are L80 LV's. Never a problem, good pricing, and excellent triggering
          Last edited by hemiboy; 06-30-18, 10:13 PM.

Comment

While on this subject I noticed an announcement yesterday from Jobeky for a new 2 cymbal hi-hat, in their various cymbal ranges, to be available 'from next month':

https://www.facebook.com/Jobeky.Elec...429307/?type=3
            TD-50 upgrade kit, Jobeky Prestige Custom shells, Paiste signature cymbals, DW Hardware, Allen & Heath mixer, pair Lewitt LCT 140 overhead mics, Fohhn Xperience III PA, Fohhn XT-33 active speaker drum monitor, Porter & Davies BC Gigster drum throne monitor

Comment

Working...
            X