Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

E-DRUMMING DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

If you cannot post, please visit our Forum Talk forum for answers to more frequently asked questions.

Is your post missing? Please read forum descriptions & guidelines within before posting in the wrong forum.

See more
See less

Drum-tec shipping to USA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RelicHellFire View Post

I just ordered a atv kit to the usa,& After much research apparently theres no customs fees for parcels valued below 2500$ ,as it gets cleared as being INFORMAL ENTRY by customs & therefore free from fees apparently. I have yet to receive my parcel but I am pretty sure it won't incur a fee. (Im aware you may no longer need this info but im posting for future netwalkers)
    2500$ customs threshold?? Christ, I'm still amazed at the US. In Germany it's like 25€.
    The "no tax because you ordered online from just the right state" still boggles my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Excessium View Post

2500$ customs threshold?? Christ, I'm still amazed at the US. In Germany it's like 25€.
      The "no tax because you ordered online from just the right state" still boggles my mind.
      I think it's hit or miss. I've certainly paid import duties (from drum-tec, even) on orders below $2500.

Comment

Originally posted by MJB View Post

I think it's hit or miss. I've certainly paid import duties (from drum-tec, even) on orders below $2500.
        I would greatly appreciate it if you can post how much it was & on what amount the order was for (& what yr)

Comment

I would greatly appreciate it if you can post how much it was & on what amount the order was for (& what yr)
          I paid $12.91 on a $1500 order, but it contained a lot of ATV cymbals and I read somewhere that cymbals were exempt from tariff for some reason. I can't find anything to back that up, but I think it was maybe mentioned in the import documentation. I had another order from Canada, spent about $900 and got charged $31.36 on import duties.

A few years ago I bought a complete interior for an older Mercedes I was restoring - I think I paid $2500 or so (including freight shipping charges from the east coast of Canada to the west coast of the US). Import duties were $80. Unfortunately the shipment was flagged for mandatory inspection by US Customs and Border Protection, which means I had to pay for bonded storage at a third-party facility, as well as the cost of unpacking and repacking the pallet - $250 total!

Besides the mandatory CBP inspection, I've never been too surprised by import duties or brokerage fees. They're generally a pretty small percentage of the total cost of goods, and they wouldn't put me off from buying something I wanted that I couldn't source domestically.

Comment

I spent somewhere around $3500 USD, main chunk of it was on ATV cymbals and had to pay a $205 total for customs and brokerage fees for package delivered via UPS.
            My Diamond Electronic Drums Kit | ATV cymbals | Gibraltar HW | 4x eDRUMin | RME HDSPe RayDAT | Superior Drummer 3 + Hansa | Reaper x64 DAW

Comment

I just ordered a atv kit to the usa,& After much research apparently theres no customs fees for parcels valued below 2500$ ,as it gets cleared as being INFORMAL ENTRY by customs & therefore free from fees apparently. I have yet to receive my parcel but I am pretty sure it won't incur a fee. (Im aware you may no longer need this info but im posting for future netwalkers)
              That’s the way I understand it. I’ve ordered a lot from Jobeky... from mesh heads and triggers to $1500 worth of cymbals. I’ve never been charged a fee. It could have a lot do with the way drum-tec ships it or who they use for the carrier and/or the country of origin and what kind of deals the US has worked out.
              Last edited by Mylo; 05-06-20, 09:53 PM.
              PDP Concept Maple A2E wrapped with Bum Wraps; Jobeky AI dual-zone triggers; drum-tec Real Feel and Billy Blast Ballistech 3.0 mesh heads; Jobeky and Field cymbals; Gibralter hardware; Offset double pedal; DW Remote hi-hat stands; Yamaha FC7; four eDRUMin devices; SD3; Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 2nd Gen; Windows laptop

Comment

I'm getting ready to pull the plug on two rack toms and a floor tom from their Pro Custom Line to upgrade the pads on my TD-50DP with TD-30 pads. I got the Kick cover with a KD-180 and the last thing to make the kit "acoustic looking" is the Toms. I'm just hoping I don't get robbed by US Customs. I am sure the boxes will be rather which will call their attention

Comment

(EDIT: gosh, sorry I had already replied to this topic... )
                  Last edited by RetroRambler; 05-23-20, 11:58 AM.
                  My Diamond Electronic Drums Kit | ATV cymbals | Gibraltar HW | 4x eDRUMin | RME HDSPe RayDAT | Superior Drummer 3 + Hansa | Reaper x64 DAW

Comment

Originally posted by tgfoyl1472 View Post
                    I'm getting ready to pull the plug on two rack toms and a floor tom from their Pro Custom Line to upgrade the pads on my TD-50DP with TD-30 pads. I got the Kick cover with a KD-180 and the last thing to make the kit "acoustic looking" is the Toms. I'm just hoping I don't get robbed by US Customs. I am sure the boxes will be rather which will call their attention
                    Good luck! Let us know how it goes!
                    Roland TD-12 + SD3 + Drum-tec stainless steel Pro snare, ATV 18” ride & some basic Roland pads.

Comment

For what it's worth, I purchased an open box VH-11 and 4 real feel mesh heads from drum-tec, total was about 360 euros and another 35 shipping. No customs fees, just products and shipping.

gabo
                      2box drumit 5 MK2, ddrum cast precision pads, many acoustic kits, Studio One Pro 4, AD 2, Melodyne studio, many software tools and vst's.

Comment

Working...
                      X