Drum-tec shipping to USA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drum-tec shipping to USA

I was wondering if thereís anybody from the US who ordered from Drum-tec and can share the experience with the US customs.

Drum-tec told me that their shippings to the US are 99% subject to custom fees.

I wanted to buy a snare for around 500$ (product + shipping), but Iím afraid of crazy customs fees.
    Roland TD-11KV ~ Dreaming about the ATV kit

Hello. I purchased a Drum-Tec Diablo kit about 6 weeks ago with ATV cymbals. It was delivered to the States about two weeks ago. (The ATV cymbals were back-ordered, so it took another couple of weeks beyond normal delivery time.) The cost of the entire order was about $5,500. I did, in fact, have to pay U.S. Customs of about $280.00. Drum-Tec used UPS, and UPS sent me an email a couple of days prior to the scheduled delivery indicating what the customs charges would be. The UPS website also allows you to pay the charges with a credit card. The drums arrived two days later.
    I believe that customs for drum sets, including electronic drums, is just about 5%. Technically, I think that cymbals are excluded from customs charges, but not sure about electronic cymbals. Also not sure about the cost of the drum rack or other hardware.
    I had thought about asking Drum-Tec to ship the cymbals and hardware in separate boxes specially labeled so that I could avoid customs on those items, but in the end decided that the incremental cost in relation to the cost of my order was small enough as to not worry about it for fear of slowing things down.
    FWIW, the drums and cymbals came very very well packed and look great! They also feel great. I have not yet ďheardĒ them b/c my mimic pro only arrived a couple of days ago from another merchant, and I have not had time to put aside and set everything up, but really canít wait.
    Also, I note that Drum-Tec did not have the pad settings for the Diablo for use with Mimic Pro, but hope that once I get a little time, I will be able to find some useful information on some of the other posts on this site.
    Best of luck. I was holding my breathe these past few weeks waiting to see if ATV announced new kits that would make me feel that I should have waited, but, as I understand the new products from ATV, I do not think I made a mistake.
    I hope all goes well with your purchase.
    Best,
    Jim
    Last edited by Jimdindc; 05-12-18, 07:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimdindc View Post
      Hello. I purchased a Drum-Tec Diablo kit about 6 weeks ago with ATV cymbals. It was delivered to the States about two weeks ago. (The ATV cymbals were back-ordered, so it took another couple of weeks beyond normal delivery time.) The cost of the entire order was about $5,500. I did, in fact, have to pay U.S. Customs of about $280.00. Drum-Tec used UPS, and UPS sent me an email a couple of days prior to the scheduled delivery indicating what the customs charges would be. The UPS website also allows you to pay the charges with a credit card. The drums arrived two days later.
      I believe that customs for drum sets, including electronic drums, is just about 5%. Technically, I think that cymbals are excluded from customs charges, but not sure about electronic cymbals. Also not sure about the cost of the drum rack or other hardware.
      I had thought about asking Drum-Tec to ship the cymbals and hardware in separate boxes specially labeled so that I could avoid customs on those items, but in the end decided that the incremental cost in relation to the cost of my order was small enough as to not worry about it for fear of slowing things down.
      FWIW, the drums and cymbals came very very well packed and look great! They also feel great. I have not yet ďheardĒ them b/c my mimic pro only arrived a couple of days ago from another merchant, and I have not had time to put aside and set everything up, but really canít wait.
      Also, I note that Drum-Tec did not have the pad settings for the Diablo for use with Mimic Pro, but hope that once I get a little time, I will be able to find some useful information on some of the other posts on this site.
      Best of luck. I was holding my breathe these past few weeks waiting to see if ATV announced new kits that would make me feel that I should have waited, but, as I understand the new products from ATV, I do not think I made a mistake.
      I hope all goes well with your purchase.
      Best,
      Jim
      Wow Jim, I really thank you for your reply, super helpful! If you paid 280$ of customs fees on over $5000 (even without the ATV cymbals), I feel much confident about ordering Thank you!

PS: nice stuff you ordered!

Comment

I bought about $300 worth of stuff (Drum-Tec Throne ect) around Feburary. There was no customs charges on tht small amout.

Comment

Originally posted by ReeseRocket View Post
          I bought about $300 worth of stuff (Drum-Tec Throne ect) around Feburary. There was no customs charges on tht small amout.
          Thanks ReeseRocket! Good to know! Now I just need to decide between 2 snares

Comment

yep reese is right i bought over $400 worth of mesh heads from drumtec and no customs, just regular shipping and fast too.
            Pearl Mimic pro, A to E 7 piece Pearl Decade maple, ddrum Deccabons, Ddrum DDTi, UFO X-bar triggers, Real feel heads, Gibraltar rack, VH13, PD105 side snare, Roc-N-Soc,Tama Iron Cobra, Iron cobra high hat stand, Cobra clutch, Pearl throne thumper, Roland and Kit Toys cymbals, Roland KC 500, Promark

Comment

GM Jamm/Reese, was UPS the courier for your orders? And does Drum-Tec tell you upfront no custom fees are required? I'd like to know what determines the application of fees.

Comment

Ditto - $250 in heads and no customs charges. Arrived in 2 days! I think mine was via FedEx.
                Last edited by molson; 05-16-18, 09:14 AM.
                Pearl MIMIC Pro, Pearl Export ELX A2E Conversion, ATV Cymbals and Snare

Comment

I have bought lots of stuff from Drum-Tec. Once I placed an order on Friday PM and the heads were at my door by Monday. Just 3 days and no customs fees.
                  ATV aDrums & aD5, Pearl Mimic Pro, Roland Handsonic HPD-20.

Comment

Thatís very curious, Drum-tec told me I will for sure incur in customs fees. Maybe they say it to protect themselves?

Comment

Originally posted by Six View Post
                      GM Jamm/Reese, was UPS the courier for your orders? And does Drum-Tec tell you upfront no custom fees are required? I'd like to know what determines the application of fees.
                      i think it was fedex i ordered on sat night and got them the following wed. no extra fees just shipping which was very reasonable.
                      Pearl Mimic pro, A to E 7 piece Pearl Decade maple, ddrum Deccabons, Ddrum DDTi, UFO X-bar triggers, Real feel heads, Gibraltar rack, VH13, PD105 side snare, Roc-N-Soc,Tama Iron Cobra, Iron cobra high hat stand, Cobra clutch, Pearl throne thumper, Roland and Kit Toys cymbals, Roland KC 500, Promark

Comment

Originally posted by ilmagodiloz View Post
                        I was wondering if thereís anybody from the US who ordered from Drum-tec and can share the experience with the US customs.

Drum-tec told me that their shippings to the US are 99% subject to custom fees.

I wanted to buy a snare for around 500$ (product + shipping), but Iím afraid of crazy customs fees.
                        I've purchased a lot of stuff from Drum-Tec last year, and here is my experience:
                        1. When it comes to Snare, rack toms, floor tom & kick drum (order a single item at a time) - I paid for custom fees (UPS deliver collect fee via personal check, they do not accept cash at delivery)
                        2. Misc items like mesh heads (including 22" head), kick pedal, triggers, cables, etc.. - I did not have to pay for custom fee, even when order shipped in multiple boxes of misc small items.
                        I would planning on/budget a custom fee for your snare. I really want to say it around ~4 or 5% (don't remember the exact %)
                        Last edited by TWynn; 05-19-18, 08:57 AM. Reason: Correct spelling

Comment

Good info. I've been looking into DrumTec drums and it's good to know about customs. Thanks!
                          FOR SALE: ATV aDrums Artist Expanded Set + Pearl Mimic Pro

Comment

I dont know how to help with your actual quest, being in Norway my self. but I can recommend Drum-Tec. It is a marvelous service minded company that offer very good customer service and if you buy from their own line of products, marvelous quality. I simply can not recommend them enough.
                            Drum-Tec Pro-s w/Roland TD50 Module. Roland Cymbals, Drum-Tec hardware. Small basic home recording studio and hobby musician. I wish all of you a great day !! :)

Comment

Working...
                            X