Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

E-DRUMMING DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!
See more
See less

Official Hearing Protection/Damage/Loss Discussion Topic

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Edit Well TRT was a bust set me up with digital hearing aids worth 4K CAD even though I dont have hearing loss.(Other clinics had actually refused to sell them to me since according to them was not needed in my case.) I had said then they are overpriced hearing aids programmed with 2 settings of white noise & chimes. They would not stream unless I spent an extra $400.00 for a collar link since they were only compatible with iphones. WTF! In any case I had tried white noise with ear buds. The audiologist stated that I NEEDED to have the hearing aids. Well guess what after one day of use T was off the hook worse then ever. Her response? TRT is not for everybody! I had paid 1/2 since it was a trial and can get a refund. Not only that she stated I HAD to listen to water sounds on the APP she recomended. Sounds like all the other APPS. Two words SNAKE OIL! Im prolly going to be selling MIMIC soon and just take a long rest and perhaps re purchase what is available at the time.
    Last edited by Bobvan; 08-02-18, 03:08 PM.
    Noble & Cooley a kit

Comment

Bob, sorry, got back & got extremely busy with a business project that's been taking up all of my time

There's knowledgeable TRT professionals & there's lousy ones, like any profession. I'll contact the doctor I spoke about earlier & ask him if he'll speak with you if you want, either via email or phone

To make it easier, I can give you the link to a board I'm a moderator on. It's the best tinnitus board out there. There's a few very knowledgeable & caring tinnitus veterans who help people get through the process of tinnitus distress. The doctor I spoke of is on the board too

Let me know

Comment

Ha I was wondering about that I will PM you
        Noble & Cooley a kit

Comment

Big thanks to MR for hooking me up with a good support group!!
          Noble & Cooley a kit

Comment

You're welcome Bob

If anyone is struggling with tinnitus distress, send me a private message if you'd like to join the group too

Comment

I've had tinnitus for about 15 years after playing drums without hearing protection in many thrash bands. I've gotten used to it for the most part, but there times when I feel like sticking a screwdriver in my ear.

Has any tried notch therapy? Some friends tried it and swear by it. So far I've found it seems to give very short alleviation only. Although I find it hard to find the right frequency.
              (e.g.: https://tinnitusnotch.com/ )
              Roland TD-9, CY-12C, Yamaha PC-135, Gibraltar Intruder double pedals, AKG 240 Studio

Comment

Sorry about the tinnitus. I think Iíll read up on this theory. I think Bob May have tried it last year. Thanks for the link.
                Equipment: TD-30KV, DW9000 hardware, ROC-N-SOC Throne, Behringer ULTRATONE K3000FX Amp, JBL EON 615 Powered Speaker, Yamaha MG06X. 1965 Ludwig Super Classic. Black diamond pearl. Zildjian K Custom Dark cymbals, DW 7000 hardware, DW 9000 kick pedal.

Comment

I'll ask Bob about that Kenny, and get back to you

I've read stuff on it but don't think it worked for too many people. If you're interested in a good support board, just let me know
                  Last edited by M-R; 08-26-19, 11:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by M-R View Post
                    I'll ask Bob about that Kenny, and get back to you

I've read stuff on it but don't think it worked for too many people. If you're interested in a good support board, just let me know
                    Thanks.

I'd interested in the support board.
                    Roland TD-9, CY-12C, Yamaha PC-135, Gibraltar Intruder double pedals, AKG 240 Studio

Comment

I've been diagnosed with mild tinnitus and hyperacusis. HERE is what I use to protect my ears. They are custom made IEM/hearing protection from Big Ear.

I hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
                      X