No announcement yet.

Namm 2017

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Try -3 degrees here in boise, and a ton of snow!
    the worst snow season in 30 years!
    so yeah those of you going to namm,
    we are looking forward to hearing reports
    on up coming drum products.
    mainly the pearl mimic pro.
    looking forward to all that is going to
    namm 2017.
    Pearl Mimic pro on pre order, A to E 7 piece Pearl Decade maple, Gibraltar rack, VH13, Roc-N-Soc,Tama Iron Cobra, Iron cobra high hat stand, Cobra clutch, Pearl throne thumper, Roland and Kit Toys cymbals, Roland KC 500,
    BBE Sonic Maximizer

Comment

Yeah you guys are getting hit with some Winter out there too. Enjoy Namm. It sounds exciting!

Comment

Originally posted by RhysT View Post

According to contest rules, the grand prize winner could be waiting until April to receive it: http://drummagazine.com/alesis-three-kit-giveaway/

So maybe Strike will be ready for release at Summer NAMM?
        That's okay, I can wait to collect my winnings till April lol.

K
        My bands: Alter Ego, Arcanum
        E Kit = Roland TDW-20s kit // Roland SPD-S// Pearl Demon Drives//
        A Kit = Tama Swingstar 5 pc (1981) w/roto toms (orig owner!) //Zildjians
        A Kit = Natal 6 pc with Paiste 2000 & Zildjian/MidiKNights/DrumSplitters

Comment

Not gonna bet against you. You have a knack, bro,lol!

Comment

Hopefully some newbie Edrum could be a surprise, I don't expect anything from 2box and Yamaha after some backside conversation.
            Regards
            Chris K

DW Collector Drum, Roland TD-15\VST Powered, Spd-SX, Yamaha Pmc1 midi brain

Comment

Originally posted by Chris K View Post
              Hopefully some newbie Edrum could be a surprise, I don't expect anything from 2box and Yamaha after some backside conversation.
              I try never to converse with any backside, the conversation usually stinks!
              "It makes sense if you dont think about it"

????????, TD9 side module, 2-QSC K-10s, K-sub, and a bunch of other expensive cool things!

Comment

Originally posted by Intruder View Post

I try never to converse with any backside, the conversation usually stinks!
                Indeed, and it does not smell good for them, kind of strike back ;-)
                Last edited by Chris K; 01-10-17, 01:08 AM.
                Regards
                Chris K

Comment

Tim Root confirmed Alesis Strike Kit is ready and will be fully functional at Winter NAMM 2017, we will able to heard it online as well, I am not expecting the sound quality and feature of pearl mimic simply because of their memory\board technologies used, but on par with Td-50 Roland if not better with more layers and better capability for users sample imports.
                  HI Chris,
                  Where Tim confirmed that?
                  Anyway, Namm is very close.... no time for smoke anymore!

Comment

Originally posted by violaole View Post

HI Chris,
                    Where Tim confirmed that?
                    Anyway, Namm is very close.... no time for smoke anymore!
                    I saw it on a banner with a cessna in the sky: Winter Namm 17 Alesis Strike kit, Tim Root was the pilot.
                    Regards
                    Chris K

Comment

Anyone want to catch up at NAMM? How about Friday night, after the Imagine concert?
                      . digitalDrummer
                      Review index

Comment

Tim Root confirmed Alesis Strike Kit is ready and will be fully functional at Winter NAMM 2017, we will able to heard it online as well, I am not expecting the sound quality and feature of pearl mimic simply because of their memory\board technologies used, but on par with Td-50 Roland if not better with more layers and better capability for users sample imports.
                        The Strike kit/s features state "8GB SD card included for storing user kits, providing virtually unlimited storage for your own kits and instruments". There may be a possible concern with kit loading delays when users want to combine some of their own Wav samples with any of the internal Strike kits, and create a user kit.

Either the Strike module's processing speed is significantly faster than a SampleRack to load user samples from the SD card when changing between user kits, or maybe it will preload user kits (+ samples) into internal memory slots (up to 2GB) similar to the NFUZD module.

So can anyone attending NAMM check on typical loading times for Strike user kits containing extra samples?
                        Last edited by RhysT; 01-14-17, 08:57 PM.

Comment

I know this is what Tim reported, anyway all info will be revealed at Jan 17
                          Here we are.... at what time we can get all this info? :-)

Comment

Mimic Pro should be released and in stock at sweetwater end of Q1 April this is one salesman told me this, look like, mimic pro at winter namm will likely be prototype\ unfinished version.
                            Last edited by Chris K; 01-17-17, 03:40 PM.
                            Regards
                            Chris K

Comment

Everything is usually revealed Thursday when the show starts.

Comment

Originally posted by violaole View Post

Here we are.... at what time we can get all this info? :-)
                                I am waiting answers too, will edit this post when available.
                                Last edited by Chris K; 01-17-17, 01:04 PM.
                                Regards
                                Chris K

Comment

Working...
                                X