Namm 2017

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Namm 2017

New electronic drums will probably coming for 2017...
    the dealer from The musicstore of my Town, here in France, talking about rumors of new electronic drum for 2017:
    new Tru-trac pad from Pearl
    new Roland mid-range V-drums kit (probably remplacement for TD-11) with new modul, and new pad design.
    .... And a totaly new concept of Edrum from Yamaha!

NAMM 2017 speculation thread?
    Last edited by Kabonfaiba; 12-17-16, 07:46 PM.
    ♦ Diamond Drums 4pc in Di-Noc carbon ♦ MegaDRUM + Roland UA-1010 / cymbals / KT-10 (x2) ♦ Tama / Gibraltar hardware ♦ JBL LSR3 Series 2.1 Monitoring
    Community Drum Module Document
    PA Comparison sheet (wip)

Comment

-Roland, I would not be surprised, if you see their past, they always announce new module after their flagship, 3-4 month, I would expect the brother of the TD-50 or replacement of the TD-11, strange they skipped the name td40, from td-10, td-20, td-30 to td-50....but maybe they are not yet ready....

-Yamaha is their 50 anniversary, they will probably announce a new flagship drum module, its about 10 years now their last one pretty old, maybe a hybrid Montage Drum Modeling\ Drum engine device, Steve Fisher is in their camp, they will probably hit hard now, remember Yamaha DTX900 had 512MB of sampling, importing, wav layers more then 2, merging internal sample since 10 years, Roland took lots of time to do this and still limited.
      Last edited by Chris K; 12-19-16, 02:04 AM.
      Regards
      Chris K

DW Collector Drum, Roland TD-15\VST Powered, Spd-SX, Yamaha Pmc1 midi brain

Comment

You're right Chris K.... I've find interesting patents on "Google patents" about new concept of Edrum from Yamaha! (new concept of silent head, new concept of cymbal pad and totaly new concept of sound making: sounds are made from waveform with piezo and mic and internal amplifier on shell!!)

Comment

Originally posted by Mikevdrums View Post
          You're right Chris K.... I've find interesting patents on "Google patents" about new concept of Edrum from Yamaha! (new concept of silent head, new concept of cymbal pad and totaly new concept of sound making: sounds are made from waveform with piezo and mic and internal amplifier on shell!!)
          Steven Fisher have certainly not gone with Yamaha for nothing, I am sure since he is aboard, they have something completely new to compete with Roland flagship at lower price.
          Last edited by Chris K; 12-18-16, 11:57 PM.
          Regards
          Chris K

Comment

No mention of anything new from Yamaha, besides the external triggers, in the pre-NAMM media communication.
            . digitalDrummer
            Review index

Comment

Oh yeah... those triggers... what a stroke of genius that was!
              DTX700, A2E Dixon kit, Yamaha cymbals, FSR HH Kit Pix

My new venture: voglosounds.com

Comment

I really hope Yamaha comes out with something big as it's been ages.

Comment

Originally posted by allanjohn View Post
                  No mention of anything new from Yamaha, besides the external triggers, in the pre-NAMM media communication.
                  I am not sure Yamaha will tell anything to anyone before NAMM start? they are like Roland, must works on secret service.
                  Last edited by Chris K; 12-18-16, 07:49 PM.
                  Regards
                  Chris K

Comment

Originally posted by Chris K View Post

I am not sure Yamaha will tell anything to anyone before NAMM start? they are like Roland, must works on secret service.
                    Not quite the case. There is a bit of information about other Yamaha lines.
                    . digitalDrummer
                    Review index

Comment

oh well, maybe one day.
                      Regards
                      Chris K

Comment

Hi Allan, By this, then, do feel that that Yamaha will not release any significantly new edrum products at NAMM? Meaning, by now they would have hinted at something, or we would have heard something through the grapevine. You seem to have a good instinct for these things.
                        TD-25 and TD-11 triggering VSTs (SD 2.3, SSD4, EZDrummer2), DIY drums with Quartz and Pintech triggers, Handsonic HPD-20, JBL Eon 515XT

Comment

Would love to see Yamaha come out with a winner. They are so overdue! Really pumped to even hear about new products coning out period. It was flat for so long!

Comment

Well if anybody wants to challenge the TD50, Yamaha is one of the last few who can do it confidently. Although that's not to put down Pearl, 2box or ATV, but they are 3rd party compared to the lengthy rivalry between Roland and Yamaha.

I have big concerns over the hardware compatibility with Yamaha though. They are the only ones to go the extra mile, literally wiring things the opposite way round for no good reason, but to isolate their hardware from the competition.

Fight with your module Yamaha, not pads and cymbals! A-kits are made of many brands, so should E-kits! /rant
                            ♦ Diamond Drums 4pc in Di-Noc carbon ♦ MegaDRUM + Roland UA-1010 / cymbals / KT-10 (x2) ♦ Tama / Gibraltar hardware ♦ JBL LSR3 Series 2.1 Monitoring
                            Community Drum Module Document
                            PA Comparison sheet (wip)

Comment

Actually if you've opened an Yamaha pad, you've seen that it is better engineered and implements better technical decisions then Roland. They have distinct zones for x-stick and rim on their snares without the "usb digital duh blah bullsht" marketing talk and their cymbals are all 3 zones by utilizing only a single cable! Plus they implement an rc filter for the piezo etc etc.. So it might be that Roland are actually the ones that are wiring the opposite and are forced to do so because of patents protection ..
                              Last edited by pumpal; 12-19-16, 05:01 PM.
                              Roland TD-15
                              TAMA MetroJam2 TRB A2E

Comment

Working...
                              X