This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merged: TD-30 Price Drop & New Roland Releases Sept 9th

Moderator's Note: Due to the merge of these two topics, discussion of the September Roland release thread begins at post 62 on page 5: http://www.vdrums.com/forum/general/...sept-9th/page5

-----------------------------------------------

Roland's getting a bit "Apple".

It's the "24-hour online music instruments festival....introducing 30+ new products and services"

to include

"Live launch from Brussels, Belgium: Trailblazing new products to shake the drum scene"

http://tfr.roland.com/eu/
    *** Never buy a module without both MIDI IN and OUT! ***
    DTX modules. Roland samplers. Multi12. TrapKat. ControlPad. Wavedrum. Handsonic. Dynacord RhythmStick. MPC. Paiste 2002/Signatures. Cajons. Djembes. Darbuka. Windsynth. MIDI Bass. Loads o' synth modules and FX. And...a ukulele or three.

Moderator's Note: This is the beginning of the original TD-30 Price Drop topic...

-----------------------------------------------

Looks like the TD-30K series just got an official price drop (from Roland, across all retailers) down to $3999. Two weeks ago the street price was ~$4499.

Anyone want to speculate as to why? End of life for the TD30 coming up? Maybe some slow sales due to people waiting for the Alesis Strike?

And does anyone feel like this is AMAZING deal? Even if something better/cheaper is coming down the pike?

Comment

I believe the next gen is due in 2017.
      Alan

Comment

Originally posted by Alan VEX View Post
        I believe the next gen is due in 2017.
        Agree, normally it's the first sign of something new, crucial release for them if there is a new Flagship, If they continue on the same path, sales will get worst, way less now will spend overpriced module with "new sample" and 20% new improvement for another 7 years and locked, like they have been doing for so long, it will still sell but things changed now, it's better to be a new road, new technologies and a fresh new starts, not usable default kits and millions of tweaking to get a sound a bit more realistic, spend tons of time, it's 80's.
        Last edited by Chris K; 08-11-16, 08:18 AM.
        Regards
        Chris K

DW Collector Drum, Roland TD-15\VST Powered, Spd-SX, Yamaha Pmc1 midi brain

Comment

I recently purchased a TD-30 head only and love this for live playing and also recording via midi. I hope that they (Roland) offer current TD-30 owners an upgrade via digital download/ expansion board etc... and not force us into a new box. If Roland could only do one thing to the TD-30 for me and that is fix the spikes that happen on every pad, it's driving me crazy.
          Roland TD-30, TD-12, Roland Pads/Cymbals
          SD2, EZD2, QSC K12s

Comment

So thrilled I just bought mine 2 months ago... Oh well, I don't see any price changes for the Thai marketplace yet. Roland Thailand still sells the TD-15 and some stores are still selling the TD-9. Progress moves VERY SLOWLY here.
            TD-30 w/ 2 KT10, PD125BK, 3 PDX100, VH11, 3 CY12C, CY13R, CY15R, 3 CY14C

Comment

it will be interesting to see where Roland takes the flagship with all the competition brewing. hopefully they will go the vst route. it would be nice to have a few choices for 2017
              Roland TD 20 bk, TD 20X, VH13, Roc-N-Soc,Tama Iron Cobra, Iron cobra high hat stand, Cobra clutch, Pearl throne thumper, Kit Toys, Gibraltar rack, Roland KC 500,
              Audio Technica ADH50X, BBE Sonic Maximizer

Comment

jammin777 agreed. A retail rep told me that there is something new coming in 2017, but actually said that the TD30 line will live on. No idea how much BS he was feeding me, but I could see something between the 25 and the 30, that has some more modern features.

The question is, can I wait that long?!?!?!!

Comment

Originally posted by jammin777 View Post
                  it will be interesting to see where Roland takes the flagship with all the competition brewing. hopefully they will go the vst route. it would be nice to have a few choices for 2017
                  I think the best we can expect or hope for will be the same Roland proprietary design, with all new quality samples. At least, that's the bare minimum for me to continue on with Roland. If they just add another bank of subpar sounds, I think I will be done with Roland.
                  Alan

Comment

I would think this is where Roland either continues to lead the industry like they have over the years or they fall behind and lose the throne.. This is a crucial time for them. It has to be ground breaking or they might as well pack it in.. Sharks are in the water...
                    Roland TD-12 Ludwig A2E 5pc kit, VH-11
                    Studio Drummer, Abbey Road 60's 70's 80's, AD2, SSD4, EZD2
                    Komplete Audio 6, JBL Eon 515XT, Yamaha MG06, DAW Studio One 3

Comment

It is hard to imagine that modeling could jump from the TD30 to Mimic pro realism,but it would be great. The lack of sound updates in a $2200 TD30 module is disturbing to me. VST libraries have been around a long time now and there is a real competitor to the TD30 with videos online.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Warren View Post
                        It is hard to imagine that modeling could jump from the TD30 to Mimic pro realism,but it would be great. The lack of sound updates in a $2200 TD30 module is disturbing to me. VST libraries have been around a long time now and there is a real competitor to the TD30 with videos online.
                        if it was 2300$ in Canada its 3565$ with the tax included, could not imagine in some others country, 2box module is about 1400$ tax included in Canada. All this with no sound update, all default kits most are not usable, many sound not usable, many synthetic sound, seriously I can tell you if they don't change their approach , more then just changing the sample it wont works, 80's tiny screen LCD, where are the multi-velocity layers, round robin, realistic samples, sound supports, update, editor, at this price it should be all included, Yamaha did supports their customer with free advanced editor and free sound. let see and wait...
                        Last edited by Chris K; 08-14-16, 12:42 AM.
                        Regards
                        Chris K

DW Collector Drum, Roland TD-15\VST Powered, Spd-SX, Yamaha Pmc1 midi brain

Comment

I was shopping around for the td-30kv a month ago and noticed an absurd amount of music shops online selling their demo version of the td-30kv (brick and mortar stores with a web business too). They were all over ebay, and then when I went to my local guitar center and saw them selling their td-30kv demo in the shop, I knew something was officially up. Store employee confirmed something coming soon and likely new flagship model.

Comment

Roland= first $3000 US module? Lol
                            "It makes sense if you dont think about it"

TD30, TD9 side module, 2-QSC K-10s, K-sub, and a bunch of other expensive cool things!

Comment

The td20x was released in Sept,although it was the same kit in a different color and heavier duty hardware. . Maybe they will release something before NAMM?

Comment

Working...
                              X