Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help with TD15K and recording 1/8 cable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with TD15K and recording 1/8 cable

I have my TD15K hooked up to my PC using a 1/8 headphone cable and a Soundblaster Z soundcard.

I use Audacity to record but the sound always comes out muffled.

I lowered the recording volume and headphone volume on the Roland module so nothing spiked but everything comes out muffled and faint.

Any ideas?

How do you have your outputs configured in the Module???? Also how is it plugged in to the digital input? or the Mic input? on the Soundcard???
    NOW with New Improved TD-30 Module, some V drums an other music making thingies with miscellaneous small furry animals, large hairy animals, motorcycle bits and a big muff:rolleyes:.

Comment

TD-15K module > 1/8 cable > Line in (Soundblaster microphone)
      Output in Audacity is Microphone (Sounblaster)
      Project Rate: 44100, Stereo, 32-bit float

Here is an audio clip of what's being recorded.

https://soundcloud.com/periphery831/test

Comment

Have you checked the record parameters in Windows? how is the volume set for the recording device in sound card properties etc
        NOW with New Improved TD-30 Module, some V drums an other music making thingies with miscellaneous small furry animals, large hairy animals, motorcycle bits and a big muff:rolleyes:.

Comment

Microphone on 50% and boost on 0.0db.

2 channel, 24bit, 48000hz

Comment

Have you tried connecting the TD15 to your pc with a usb/computer cable? You'll need to load the drivers from roland first. Audacity will recognize the TD15. Then just select td15 in audacitys input and output.
            Noble & Cooley acoustics. Paiste cymbals.
            Mimic Pro, SPD SX, SPD30, SD3

Comment

I haven't but I had this working before without any problems.

Can't see what's different.

Comment

Guys...gotta post these in the technical or suggestion threads, there are people actually in those threads looking to help. The lounge continues to be a goof off place and NOT for tech help.

Good luck!!

K
                My bands: Alter Ego, Arcanum
                E Kit = Roland TDW-20s kit // Roland SPD-S// Pearl Demon Drives//
                A Kit = Tama Swingstar 5 pc (1981) w/roto toms (orig owner!) //Zildjians
                A Kit = Natal 6 pc with Paiste 2000 & Zildjian/MidiKNights/DrumSplitters

Comment

kaiju, I have a td15. Initially I tried recording using Audacity with the 1/8 cable. It was always below average, no matter how I adjusted stuff. I finally connected it via USB, after downloading the Roland driver, and now its excellent and super easy.
                  Sonor Safari A to E-Sparkly Red w/2Box and Roland TD15
                  Pearl Reference-Purple Haze (for sale)
                  Ludwig Classic Maple-Blue Olive Oyster
                  Medicine Man Custom Maple-Tangerine Glitter Glass:p

Comment

You mean, this one?

http://www.roland.com/products/um-one/

Comment

No, not that one. This one. It's about $3 at any office supply store.

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                      This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Great, thank you!

Comment

Great, the USB cable works! Thanks guys.

One question, when I latency correction (used a click track to test it was 166ms out), I still feel there is latency when monitoring my drums with my PC speakers.

Would it be best to just get an amplifier?
                          Last edited by kaiju; 03-18-15, 07:50 AM.

Comment

In your sound settings(or maybe just need to do it in audacity), you want to set your input and output device to the TD15. The TD15 will be your soundcard. That should get rid of the latency. I've never tried it with my pc speakers, but it should work the same as the way I do it. I use headphones or a powered speaker run thru a mixer.

Comment

If you make the TD15 the output, then how will I be able to moniitor the device using my PC speakers?

I had a look around in Audacity and no option to make the TD15 the output anyway and I also checked my sound settings in Windows and there is no TD15 device available either.

Thanks for the response.
                              Last edited by kaiju; 03-18-15, 12:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X