Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

E-DRUMMING DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

If you cannot post, please visit our Forum Talk forum for answers to more frequently asked questions.

Is your post missing? Please read forum descriptions & guidelines within before posting in the wrong forum.

See more
See less

Realtime online jamming software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only bad thing is the VST support is limited to 32 bit.
    Roland TD-12 Ludwig A2E 5pc kit, VH-11
    Studio Drummer, Abbey Road 60's 70's 80's, AD2, SSD4, SD3
    Komplete Audio 6, JBL Eon 515XT, Mackie FX12, DAW Studio One 3

Comment

Bumping this thread as I reckon a lot of people would find it useful in the current situation. I had a look at the list of servers and the number has shot up.

We're in total lockdown where I live and my ekit is in another flat. Kicking myself for not bringing it over while I had the chance...

Stay safe, people.
      MegaDrum module, DIY A2E pads, DIY hall effect 3 zone hi hat, DIY 1, 2 & 3 zone cymbals, DIY kick beater triggers on DIY modded longboard, direct drive pedals, DIY triple driver IEMs, El Cheapo Buttkicker. Various VSTs running in a tweaked Linux Mint. Kit pics thread

Comment

I've installed Jamulus yesterday, it works great. I'm in the Netherlands and made music with guitar players in Germany. It was a lot of fun to do.

Comment

hi folks, I'm not new to drumming, but pretty new to e-drumming. And nex here. Hi, meet you!

Because of the Covid-19 virus my band did not come together to rehearse last two weeks. And looks like we'll keep the social distance for at least some more weeks :-( Would be nice if we could do a realtime online rehearsal, I thought yesterday. I started googllng and found out about JamKazam, Jamulus, Jammr and some other programms that seem to offer what I am looking for.

The only thing is all these seem to require a low latency audio device (i.e. Behringer U-Control UCA222). Or is it possible to connect my Roland TD11-KV directly to the computer using the USB-out and installing the right driver (downloaded from the Roland website)? Or do I get a latency problem then?

thanks in advance guys/girls!

Comment

I suppose the best way to answer that is to just try it out. I've had pretty good results just using the onboard sound card of my PC, but with a heavily tweaked Linux distro.
            MegaDrum module, DIY A2E pads, DIY hall effect 3 zone hi hat, DIY 1, 2 & 3 zone cymbals, DIY kick beater triggers on DIY modded longboard, direct drive pedals, DIY triple driver IEMs, El Cheapo Buttkicker. Various VSTs running in a tweaked Linux Mint. Kit pics thread

Comment

Thanks Ignotus. “a heavily tweaked Linux distro”... I have a standard Windows 10 pc and am by no way a computerfreak. No Linux for me.

If I had a cable, I’d tried already. Might go to the shop and buy one tomorrow...

Comment

Originally posted by Joost View Post
                The only thing is all these seem to require a low latency audio device (i.e. Behringer U-Control UCA222). Or is it possible to connect my Roland TD11-KV directly to the computer using the USB-out and installing the right driver (downloaded from the Roland website)? Or do I get a latency problem then?

thanks in advance guys/girls!
                Yes, you will need a decent audio interface for any of these apps. Connecting directly won't work.
                Pearl Mimic Pro; Custom Acrylic Shells; ISM-6 Snare Conversion Kit; UFO eBridges; ATV/Roland Cymbals.

TD-50DP => SD3; KD-9; PDX-100(x4); VH-13; Roland Cymbals.

Comment

Wow. I was wondering the other day if anybody might have something like this out there yet. Very cool!
                  E-Drums: Diamond Electronic Drums (being built) | eDRUMin x4 | Gibraltar rack | ATV cymbals
                  DAW: Reaper x64 (Windows), RME HDSPe RayDAT, Focusrite Clarett OctoPre
                  VST/Plugins: SD 3, Komplete Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, AudioRealism ABL+ADM

Comment

Working...
                  X