Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TD-30K.. Good Price?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD-30K.. Good Price?

Hi-
    I purchased a TD-30K set for 3K. It come with a factory sealed TD-30 module, factory sealed PD-125BK and a factory sealed VH-11. All of the other included components seem to be used, although very slightly. It came with a MDS-12X; this is not the included rack, but a older rack. I purchased this for 3K. Did I get a good deal? I am new to electronic drumming.
    Thank you,
    Roland TK-30K, dw5000 Double Pedal, dw5000 HH Stand --

Sounds good to me mate.

Comment

Not sure...but WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!!!! You might want to post a nice intro with pics in the Foyer section, and then repost this question in the product section or tech support...more folks there actually looking to help. The Lounge is for goofing off.

Have fun!

K
      My bands: Alter Ego, Arcanum
      E Kit = Roland TDW-20s kit // Roland SPD-S// Pearl Demon Drives//
      A Kit = Tama Swingstar 5 pc (1981) w/roto toms (orig owner!) //Zildjians
      A Kit = Natal 6 pc with Paiste 2000 & Zildjian/MidiKNights/DrumSplitters

Comment

Welcome to the forum. Interested to know if the kit was advertised as new or used.
        Equipment: TD-30KV, DW9000 hardware, ROC-N-SOC Throne, Behringer ULTRATONE K3000FX Amp, JBL EON 615 Powered Speaker, Yamaha MG06X. 1965 Ludwig Super Classic. Black diamond pearl. Zildjian K Custom Dark cymbals, DW 7000 hardware, DW 9000 kick pedal.

Comment

The kit was advertised as used, but it had a 3 new components.The price was advertised as 3599, but I got it for 2999.99. I got it at S A M A S H. I offered 2700, but was turned down.

Comment

Sounds like a great deal to me.

Comment

Here's a quick estimate of used prices. I'm making assumptions that you got a full 4-pad kit with 2 cymbals and a kick drum/pad. Is that the case?
              TD-30: 1800
              Rack: 300
              VH-11: 300
              4 pads (PDX100s): 800
              2 cymbals: 300
              KD120?: 200
              Total: $3,800

You did well since the most important parts are new - the module, snare (PD125BK) and HH. Depending on the included pads and cymbals, it appears you did very well. Most importantly, get on that kit and play and don't look back... (Reminds me of a late 70's Boston tune)
              ATV aDrums & aD5, Pearl Mimic Pro & DIY, eDRUMin 10, Agean R-series Silent Cymbals, Roland Handsonic HPD-20.

Comment

Good job. Have fun with it.
                Equipment: TD-30KV, DW9000 hardware, ROC-N-SOC Throne, Behringer ULTRATONE K3000FX Amp, JBL EON 615 Powered Speaker, Yamaha MG06X. 1965 Ludwig Super Classic. Black diamond pearl. Zildjian K Custom Dark cymbals, DW 7000 hardware, DW 9000 kick pedal.

Comment

Lineman,

Given three of the components are new (including the module), the rest of the kit is in "almost new" condition, and the entire kit is seemingly under warranty by Sam Ash, I'd say you got a great deal. jpsquared482 estimated the value with used prices, but it's probably fair to use new prices because you got the kit from a retailer who is supporting it, yes? If so, you paid $3K for a kit that typically sells at more than $5K. That's a really good deal! Note, the MDS-12X rack is just as good as the current MDS-12V rack so no loss of quality there.

Comment

Yeah sounda like a great deal. I sold a td 20 kit with a td 30 module for 3800 almost 2 years ago and I was happy to get ! it

Comment

I feel good knowing I got what seems to be a great deal. One thing I can say, I'm sold on the V-Drum concept. I look forward to playing these drums for many years to come.

Comment

Working...
                      X