Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cleaning and treating Roland PD-8's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning and treating Roland PD-8's

Greetings!...new guy here, I'd love some input as how to clean and treat rubber Roland PD-8 pads.I've read a lot of opinions online as what to use and what (apparently) not to use on them,I've been a Meguiars automotive product devotee for years and really believe in their products...can one or more of the forum members tell me what they use on the rubber pads once cleaned?
    I'm thinking of using Meguiars "Ultimate Protectant" considering it's specifically designed for vinyl,rubber and plastics and is said to replenish dried out rubber and prevent cracking and fading.Any opinions would be greatly appreciated on this subject!

Cheers

I would clean with wet cotton rags, then apply 303 Aerospace Protectant. It will produce stick marks where you hit the pad, but they wipe away easily and the 303 will keep it looking brand new, without adverse affects other solutions produce.
    Alan
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | message | recommendations

Comment

Thanks for the info Alan,I've read great things about 303 but when you say adverse affects with other solutions..exactly what are you referring to?..as I've done allot of research on "dressings" for rubber and vinyl one would only assume that these are also safe or am I mistaken?...I've used Meguiars on all of my vehicles over the years and I've never had the treated rubber parts fall off or disintegrate...I don't mean in any way to question your suggestion but I'd just like to know of any "adverse affects" that folks maybe have experienced with various products.
      Will try the 303 in the next few days and report back on the results...

Comment

Also in addition to the post above..does Armorall work on the pads?...I've always found it to be very greasy.
        Last edited by Bifster; 12-11-14, 01:25 PM.

Comment

Things like Armour All are known to actually dry out rubber over time, or damage the material by exposing it to oils, etc. They can suck moisture in the plastic/rubber to the surface; allowing them to dry out over time. I've used 303 for about a decade now, and I can definitely tell a difference.
          Alan
          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | message | recommendations

Comment

This thread:

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/general/...ace-protectant

goes into detail on the subject.

www.digitaldrummermag.com
            www.dauphinehotel.com
            TD-12, DTX502, SD1000, EZDrummer, Diamond Drum 12" snare, S1000 toms/cymbals/kick, PCY10/100/135/155, CY-5/14, Hart Ride, Hart Acupad 8" kick, Epedal Pro II, Concept 1 pads/cymbals, SD1000 & Roland V Sessions racks, PD-7, Kit Toy 10" splash, DMPad ride, SamplePad, PerformancePad Pro

Comment

WOW!...I'm sold!!..gonna make a 303 run later today!...thanks muchly for the advice!..
              Cheers all!

Comment

Originally posted by Bifster View Post
                WOW!...I'm sold!!..gonna make a 303 run later today!...thanks muchly for the advice!..
                Cheers all!
                Me too, thanks

Comment

Working...
                X