Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quiet (night) drumming beaters/sticks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quiet (night) drumming beaters/sticks

Hi, I'm trying to find the solution to bring mechanical noise of td30 pads to comfortable-at-night/wife-kids-comatible level. Vic firth fleece beaters are the best way to go so far (with kick drum patch), though they're too large for double pedals (i've got trick drums v-pro and just have not enough space for two vic firth beaters ) so "the circle is not complete" now (trying to find a way to order danmar 209lh to ukraine/or may be vater vintage bomber though it has more noise level than vic firth fleece). Also I want to order vic firth soft touch sticks, but I've read that felt beaters is not the best thing for mesh pads, is it safe to use felt sticks? Any other ways to solve this? Thanks

Put the kit in another room. Sorry.
    Equipment: TD-30KV, DW9000 hardware, ROC-N-SOC Throne, Behringer ULTRATONE K3000FX Amp, JBL EON 615 Powered Speaker, Yamaha MG06X. 1965 Ludwig Super Classic. Black diamond pearl. Zildjian K Custom Dark cymbals, DW 7000 hardware, DW 9000 kick pedal.

Comment

It's already in another room It doesn't work

Comment

promark c-rods?

Comment

You'll need a patch on the head if you use a felt beater. I don't have any experience with felt tipped sticks.
          Equipment: TD-30KV, DW9000 hardware, ROC-N-SOC Throne, Behringer ULTRATONE K3000FX Amp, JBL EON 615 Powered Speaker, Yamaha MG06X. 1965 Ludwig Super Classic. Black diamond pearl. Zildjian K Custom Dark cymbals, DW 7000 hardware, DW 9000 kick pedal.

Comment

Thanks, I use wool beater, kick head patched, very quiet but they're too big for double pedals :/ any advise on small wool beaters?

Comment

Rods instead of sticks and kriggs in my experience.

Comment

Kriggs are great for the kick noise problem , never tried the rods

Comment

nylon brush for sticks?
                  TD9+6v with Diamond Electronic pads, and cowbell.
                  ATH-50m headphones, VEX packs
                  not to mention keyboards, guitars, basses, and cats

Comment

Ummm...Hello and welcome to the forums!!!! How about a nice intro with pics in the LOUNGE area? In the future, try to post topics in the relevant section, like this oe could have gone into the SUGGESTIONS or TIPS/TRICKS/TECHNIQUES area. Many more folks actually looking to help out in those areas. This is the Lounge where it's all goof off fun and games. Have fun!

K ;-)
                    My bands: Alter Ego, Arcanum
                    E Kit = Roland TDW-20s kit // Roland SPD-S// Pearl Demon Drives//
                    A Kit = Tama Swingstar 5 pc (1981) w/roto toms (orig owner!) //Zildjians
                    A Kit = Natal 6 pc with Paiste 2000 & Zildjian/MidiKNights/DrumSplitters

Comment

Working...
                    X