Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cases for Vdrums - Specifically DTX950K

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cases for Vdrums - Specifically DTX950K

Hello Everyone,

I am new to the forum. I've been gigging with my dtx's but it has been difficult... I found one case (http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001SGR63O/..._M3T1_ST1_dp_1), a bag by Gator that fits everything but it is very difficult to lug around. I could use your help with suggestions or alternatives. I am on a budget... I don't necessarily need road cases, but casters as I get older will allow me to continue playing,

Thanks in advance.

Jim

I use the same gator bag sand a generic hardware bag for my td30. There's a model that comes with wheels but I ended up buying a folding trolley that's strong enough to also handle amplifiers etc for the rest of the band.

Roland TD-30KV, Pearl Demon Drive Double Pedal, Pearl H1000 hit hat stand, Shure SE530 IEMs, AKG K171 MKII Headphones, Mackie DLM PA, Yamaha MG102C mixer, Roland Studio Capture

Natal Walnut kit (US Fusion X), Bosphorus Antique 16" Crash & 22" Ride, Bosphorus Gold Series 14" hats.

Comment

I have the gator bag with wheels but I haven't used it yet. I will report back later. I was thinking that a couple of smaller cases might make more sense than on big case.
      Equipment: TD-30KV, DW9000 hardware, ROC-N-SOC Throne, Behringer ULTRATONE K3000FX Amp, JBL EON 615 Powered Speaker, Yamaha MG06X. 1965 Ludwig Super Classic. Black diamond pearl. Zildjian K Custom Dark cymbals, DW 7000 hardware, DW 9000 kick pedal.

Comment

Welcome to the forum!!! How about a nice intro in the FOYER section? Remember, the search engine is your friend! There have been all sorts of threads on cases for v drums and e drums. Bottom line, everyone kinda makes do with what they can, either converting tour cases with specific inserts, or using off the shelf stuff. I use a cargo bag with wheels on one end with a luggage handle that collapses into it, cost me around $100 I think at the time. It's long enough to transport things like hardware and mic stands. I just wrap my Roland shells and stack them inside. Local gigs only mind you. If I was traveling it would be hard cases or soft cases like for my A kit.

K ;-)
        My bands: Alter Ego, Arcanum
        E Kit = Roland TDW-20s kit // Roland SPD-S// Pearl Demon Drives//
        A Kit = Tama Swingstar 5 pc (1981) w/roto toms (orig owner!) //Zildjians
        A Kit = Natal 6 pc with Paiste 2000 & Zildjian/MidiKNights/DrumSplitters

Comment

Welcome to the forum!!! How about a nice intro in the FOYER section? Remember, the search engine is your friend! There have been all sorts of threads on cases for v drums and e drums. Bottom line, everyone kinda makes do with what they can, either converting tour cases with specific inserts, or using off the shelf stuff. I use a cargo bag with wheels on one end with a luggage handle that collapses into it, cost me around $100 I think at the time. It's long enough to transport things like hardware and mic stands. I just wrap my Roland shells and stack them inside. Local gigs only mind you. If I was traveling it would be hard cases or soft cases like for my A kit.

K ;-)
          My bands: Alter Ego, Arcanum
          E Kit = Roland TDW-20s kit // Roland SPD-S// Pearl Demon Drives//
          A Kit = Tama Swingstar 5 pc (1981) w/roto toms (orig owner!) //Zildjians
          A Kit = Natal 6 pc with Paiste 2000 & Zildjian/MidiKNights/DrumSplitters

Comment

Working...
          X