Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Rosanna Shuffle....electronically speaking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Rosanna Shuffle....electronically speaking

I do a bunch of training and discussion videos from time to time, and I decided to do a lesson on the infamous Rosanna Shuffle / Purdie Shuffle...have a look if you care to...and thanks for watching in advance...I always welcome your comments...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSW0...&feature=share
    Don't even tell me us old farts still don't have something to say and learn! Just give me some ghost notes and I'll Purdie your brains out!:cool:

Playin' for over 50 years (21 years 5 & 6 nights a week) and still lovin' every minute of it!!! TD-12 noob and growing!:p

Love it
    TD-15KV. VEX Evolution. Jobeky Prestige Custom Dual Zone 13" eDrum. PDX-100 X 2. PD-85BK X 2 KD-9 X 1. VH-11. CY-12C X 2. CY-13R. Tama speed cobra. Pearl HI Hat

Comment

Great Carmine, keep 'em coming

Comment

Thanks Carmine. Been tinkering with this but it's sooooooo difficult!

Comment

Voice is a bit too low in the mix versus the drum mix. I have a hard time hearing you. I have been working this groove for a long time and find it very difficult to pull off smoothly. .You make it look easy, which it is far from it. ! I am jealous of your chops - well done!
          Last edited by csnow; 03-22-14, 08:23 PM.

Comment

Well thank you all for the compliments and the comments. I truly appreciate the feedback...here's is my site should you want to view others. The media section has 2 parts...a general and a training section...please feel free to examine at you leisure...

http://carminem7.wix.com/carminestrollo#!media/cfvg

http://carminem7.wix.com/carminestro...ng-videos/cf08
            Don't even tell me us old farts still don't have something to say and learn! Just give me some ghost notes and I'll Purdie your brains out!:cool:

Playin' for over 50 years (21 years 5 & 6 nights a week) and still lovin' every minute of it!!! TD-12 noob and growing!:p

Comment

Love the sound of your kit. What kind of gear are you using?
              TD-9 with Master 50 VEX pack. Three PD-85 dual triggered toms plus one 10" Hart Acupad. 10" Jobeky Drums snare. 8" Hart Acupad kick. CY-5 as hats, CY-8 and CY-14 as crashes, and CY-12R/C as ride.

Comment

It's a straight ahead TD-12 with sounds that I edited. I've been working with them for about a year now just trying to get some good live sounds...I have a thread here with all my live sounds for now...

Comment

Great vid thanks we appreciate your input!!! might help us finally nail that sucker!
                  Can only keep trying
                  Cheers
                  All the best
                  NOW with New Improved TD-30 Module, some V drums an other music making thingies with miscellaneous small furry animals, large hairy animals, motorcycle bits and a big muff:rolleyes:.

Comment

Good to see that Im not the only one struggling with this groove.

Comment

And he's doing it left handed!!

Comment

Working...
                      X