Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TD-DI's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD-DI's

Wondering what your experiences are regarding DI's for Roland E-drums Thanks

What's DI?

Comment

Wil9, What are you calling a DI?
      Not sure what you mean. I use a DI box but not for the drums.
      "It makes sense if you dont think about it"

Mimic Pro, SPD-SX, 2-QSC K-10s, K-sub, Yamaha mixer, and a bunch of other expensive cool things!

Comment

Thanks for the reply, I mean a direct interface box, a DI between the TD brain & the PA.

Comment

As all inputs and most outputs on vdrums are balanced I see no value in using a DI between the module and the PA. What problem are you trying to fix by using a DI?

Mimic Pro, SPD-SX, 2-QSC K-10s, K-sub, Yamaha mixer, and a bunch of other expensive cool things!

Comment

Thanks for your response, not really trying to fix anything, just didn't know if you needed a DI on E-drums

Comment

Oh, ok no DI required output is line level ok for amp or mixer.
              By the way welcome to the forum, have fun!

Comment

Module outputs are, in fact, UNbalanced, so a DI is a good idea where there is a long cable run to the mixer. It would also protect your module if phantom power is enabled on the mixer.

If you don't have a long cable run, and can ensure that phantom power is not an issue, then a DI is not necessary.

I always use an active DI box.

Comment

• Intruder
                  Intruder commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Forgot about phantom power, Separate switch on my mixer in back never used.
              Working...
              X