Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I get a shorter L-rod for my snare?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I get a shorter L-rod for my snare?

I'm guessing this has been posted about before...but I'm finding that the L-rod for my TD-9 snare is too tall and I keep hitting my sticks on it (especially when playing toms). I could just take a hacksaw to it...but I'm wondering if there are shorter ones out there I could buy for a few bucks (which would look nicer than the gnawed-off end of mine if I hacksaw it!)

Thanks!
    Scott

Actually, I guess I just realized I could just position the snare arm farther down on the frame and raise the snare higher on the L-rod...so I guess that's one solution! :-) (As long as the arm doesn't get in the way of my legs if I lower it 4-5".)

Comment

• ohlarikd
      ohlarikd commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes... that is the solution! Plus having the snare higher on the L-Rod allows for more positioning options without hitting the tube.

• BWaj
      BWaj commented
      Editing a comment
      This is what I do and I don't have an issue with my legs. You should be able to find a position that works for ya.

I had the same issue. Pulled out my grinder and I made a shorter one out of a longer one.
    I even got the bevelled edge to look mostly like a factory one. :-)

Mini-kit: TD-9 + Alesis Control Pad + Alesis Sample Pad + PDX-6 snare
    Micro-kit: Handsonic HPD-20 + an old pair of hands.
    Speakers: QSC-K10 "thumper", DBR-10 "little thumper"

Comment

Working...
    X