Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Updated heel toe how to video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Updated heel toe how to video

I have a new heel toe how to video.. explains my settings and how your legs feel while doing the technique.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIU_RZz3GOo

Nice!

"My best friends' name is J-SON. They used to call him 'Mr. Parse.' He has an 'Error'..!"

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/core/cus...ar33631_4.jpeg

Comment

This is really helpful actually - it proves that the technique that I had kinda stumbled upon accidentally is a valid one!
      --
      West London, UK.
      TD-11 module | DTXplorer rack | 3 x tp65 | 12" millenuim mesh head snare | cy-5, pcy65s and pcy150 cymbals | fd8 hh | krigg kick trigger w/ mapex raptor pedal.

Comment

Glad to hear. Thats why i make vids to help others out. now just work on getting it tight and fast and people will think it took you years to get that fast :P

its so easy once you get this down

Comment

Thanks Scottyp! I am a veteran bass/guitar player, and just recently (3 years) have been getting serious about my drumming. I had naturally formed the same technique with my leg/heel/toe since the beginning, but beside my timing/accuracy - it's the pedal tension and bounce I need to work on. I am using a DW 3000 pedal, and still trying to figure out how to adjust the mechanics of it to make it easier.
          My ultimate goal is to get John Bonham's little triplets on "I can't quit you baby" - not there yet...

Comment

Thanks for the video. I got pretty proficient with the single foot pedal at this stuff playing in highschool a ton of fast punk rock...
            TD-30 , DW3000 Double pedal, 3XCY-12, 2XCY14, Cy15R. 3XPD105, 3XPD125, VH12 hats, Yorkville powered 1000W P.A

Comment

Same here. That was the ol slide technique. I used to cover a bunch of NUFAN and NOFX songs doing that..

So i have got much better at the heel toe since the video... the tighter the batter head the easier it gets.. just a hint to any of you starting... big boomy loose heads won't work great

Comment

Scotty Have you done anything with one handed 16th note technique? I sure would love to see some tips in that. Thanks
                Equipment: TD-30KV, DW9000 hardware, ROC-N-SOC Throne, Behringer ULTRATONE K3000FX Amp, JBL EON 615 Powered Speaker, Yamaha MG06X. 1965 Ludwig Super Classic. Black diamond pearl. Zildjian K Custom Dark cymbals, DW 7000 hardware, DW 9000 kick pedal.

Comment

are you talking about the one handed roll / gravity blast? I can do it.. I have never added it into a song other than joking around. but maybe that can be my next video

Comment

Used on songs like "GoinDown".
                    Equipment: TD-30KV, DW9000 hardware, ROC-N-SOC Throne, Behringer ULTRATONE K3000FX Amp, JBL EON 615 Powered Speaker, Yamaha MG06X. 1965 Ludwig Super Classic. Black diamond pearl. Zildjian K Custom Dark cymbals, DW 7000 hardware, DW 9000 kick pedal.

Comment

• jimorlando
                      jimorlando commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Really just straight 16ths as fast as possible. I am up to about 70 bpm

Thanks ... I really need to work on that!
                    TD6 kit, TD10 kit, 7 piece Tama Star Classics

Comment

Working...
                    X