Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TD-20x sold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD-20x sold

I sold it, put 6k into the bank and using a TD-6, it sounds better, apart from the look I'm not disappointed in any way. There's got to be a moral here somewhere. The guy who bought t was just over the moon and I'm pleased for him.
    This does leave me with a delemia of sorts as I can put a TD-30 in from a friend who can't stand it and wants it gone cheap as. I like the idea of money in the bank, anyway just saying this out loud because the internet is here.
    I'm actually shocked how a TD-6 can even compare let alone sound better than a 12k kit for recording.

Me thinks "money in the bank" has biased your ears when it comes to the TD-6 sounds because it has a subset of sounds from either the TD-10...or TD-20....I can't remember which at the moment....but I believe it was the 10.
    8 piece DIY Acrylic, 2x2Box DrumIt5, Gen16 4xDCP, DIY Acrylic&Gen16 Conversions, Sleishman Twin-QuadSteele hybrid, Gibraltar&DrumFrame rack, DW9502LB, Midi Knights Pro Lighting
    http://www.airbrushartists.org/DreamscapeAirbrushRealm

Comment

Money is always the great persuader Dan ..well spotted, I'll see how the TD-30 hits, he used it for a couple of weeks and gave up, time to resurrect it...so to speak. The td-6 units have always sounded good, not that pretty to look at home or on stage of course

Comment

I had a TD-30 for a year(it's a nice module) before deciding on the 2Box module. If you get it, I suggest you browse through all the "set up" and "tweaking" threads that have emerged as it's not really a "plug and play" system if you want to get the most out of it. Lots of good info in those threads. Oh...and don't forget to check out the Vex packs for it. Have fun.
        8 piece DIY Acrylic, 2x2Box DrumIt5, Gen16 4xDCP, DIY Acrylic&Gen16 Conversions, Sleishman Twin-QuadSteele hybrid, Gibraltar&DrumFrame rack, DW9502LB, Midi Knights Pro Lighting

Comment

Well, I think I'm with you on this one!

If someone offered me 'Money in the Bank' in one hand, and 'Drum Module' in the other, I would have to think long and hard...

"My best friends' name is J-SON. They used to call him 'Mr. Parse.' He has an 'Error'..!"

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/core/cus...ar33631_4.jpeg

Comment

I'm midi-ing up the TD-6 this weekend with superior drummer, give that a smak first and see what comes of it, I seem to remember midi and TD-6's don't fit well together.

Money is a tricky thing, to be sure, I'm sure there's a saying somewhere about it all and not GAS

Comment

If they're equal in amount, I'll always take "money in the bank" over "module". In fact, if there is something that I'm thinking of buying, the first serious question I ask myself is "What else could I do with this money?" And it's important to note that generally I would never go into debt to get something I wanted, the rare exception being something like a house.

So I look at a new edrum outfit that costs $6k or $8k and I don't think "Ooo, that's nice, I want one." Instead I think "Hmm, for $6000-8000 I could buy a really kick-ass acoustic kit or a couple of higher end basses or a <whatever> or (and here's the important bit) nothing it all, and sit on it in case I need it later." It's all about alternatives.

Comment

About 10 years ago, a good friend of mine moved to Los Angeles. He told me all the stuff about people doing shopping-sprees (without actual money), that you seem to be rewarded the more debt you have, and having to attend 'couseling courses' afterwards.

I didn't quite understand that there seems to be two kind of cards: A 'credit card' and a 'debit card'?

One of the best things that ever happened to me is not having any credit card at all!

It's either 'Cash in your hand' or 'Nope! Not this time! - forget about it...'

"My best friends' name is J-SON. They used to call him 'Mr. Parse.' He has an 'Error'..!"

Comment

Originally posted by hairmetal-81 View Post
                  About 10 years ago, a good friend of mine moved to Los Angeles. He told me all the stuff about people doing shopping-sprees (without actual money), that you seem to be rewarded the more debt you have, and having to attend 'couseling courses' afterwards.

I didn't quite understand that there seems to be two kind of cards: A 'credit card' and a 'debit card'?

One of the best things that ever happened to me is not having any credit card at all!

It's either 'Cash in your hand' or 'Nope! Not this time! - forget about it...'
                  yep...credit cards can be quite dangerous...however debit cards can only be used if you already have the money in your bank account. It's "the same as cash"...but you don't have to write and check or carry a bunch of cash with you. I use mine all the time.

I don't borrow money for my purchases either...and I have no credit cards either. I learned that lesson many moons ago.
                  I agree with Jim here...think hard before you make any purchase Pits.

Comment

Originally posted by fulrmr(Daniel) View Post
                    yep...credit cards can be quite dangerous...however debit cards can only be used if you already have the money in your bank account. It's "the same as cash"...but you don't have to write and check or carry a bunch of cash with you. I use mine all the time.
                    So, technically, while a credit card can be overdrawn (obviously...), you cannot do that with a debit card? ....So I could say: "The debit card is the more safer version of a credit card?"

Can you obtain cash from a cash-machine/ATM with a debit card, too, ...or only with a credit card?

I think I'm starting to understand this, finally!

I don't borrow money for my purchases either...and I have no credit cards either. I learned that lesson many moons ago.
                    I agree with Jim here...think hard before you make any purchase Pits.
                    ...and I of course agree with both Jim & Daniel !

Comment

Yep...debit cards are just like writing a check...without the paper. They work withATMs also...but you still have to already have the cash in the bank first.

Comment

Thanks!

I've read the term 'ATM-card' once - Is there a notable difference between debit cards and ATM-cards ...or are these just two names for the same thing?

Comment

You can get cards which only work to get cash from ATMs (I.e. atm cards), and not in stores. Though it is rare and mostly the terms are interchangable. I do have a credit card which I use for large purchases, and then pay straight off.

The advantage to this is that most credit card companies in the UK insure your purchases so you have a route to claim if there is a problem.

Back to the OP. I give it a week before you have that td30
                          --
                          West London, UK.
                          TD-11 module | DTXplorer rack | 3 x tp65 | 12" millenuim mesh head snare | cy-5, pcy65s and pcy150 cymbals | fd8 hh | krigg kick trigger w/ mapex raptor pedal.

Comment

Well I've got this TD-30kv in my music room today, not plugged in incase I have to rethink on keeping it, these things are just outstandingly beautiful. I've just put it on the auction site and had a lot of interest, as it should do.
                            The thing is really only two weeks old and in that time the guy has hardly touched it then it got boxed up for a house shift and never got hit again. A year old and just perfect, I reckon its been hit about 50 times. This is getting tricky, to keep or not to keep if only just for the looks, I do have permission to keep it (how dear she do that) you can't rely on anyone these days. I've put it on at 2/3rds standard retail just to see if there was much interest but I've added the snare stand and Hi-Hat stand. I do know I won't sleep tonight and I will plug her in tomorrow and give her a smak around but just gently.

I use and pay off the credit card every month, never paid them a cent in interest yet and they do not like that, they have a name for customers like us.

Comment

Wait a second, Pits: Did I get that correctly? You've sold two higher-end TD's in like a week?
                              This leaves room for speculations...

The reason to keep a module or not IS and WAS always for sound!
                              Either you like what you hear, or you don't - then you swap modules! Next up is easy operation/user comfort. Next could be features or compatibility-issues. Looks only comes after all of this, at the far end of the list, possibly in fifth or sixth position...

IMO the look can be altered and is not the main importance!

(Now everybody wrap your modules in red gift-paper - it fits the season!)
                              Last edited by hairmetal-81; 12-23-13, 09:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X