Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lissen to this...The Flower Kings.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lissen to this...The Flower Kings.

We have a very talented band started in Sweden long time ago (with international musicians) called The Flower Kings. Just to give you all some kind of background - the groups initiator Roine Stolt has a second band called Transatlantic...with Mike Portnoy(ex Dream Theater), Pete Trewavas(Marillion) and Neal Morse from Spocks Beard.

So TFK is real music professionals...Two years ago TFK employed the extremely talented drummer Felix Lehrmann from Berlin / Germany. (a fresh John Bonham but better...)

On TFKs last album Desolation Rose there is a bonus disc with tracks...where Felix goes all in...lissen to this...it is more or less a drumsolo over a meditative "loop". Of course it's in 5/4 (or maybe 10/8) with some odd syncopation just to make it "easier". Lissen to this for yourselves...start to count to ten...and make some prayers that the band will keep it together in the end. Very nice Felix! It feels to natural...but...would you be able to make a cover of this song...In my case - absolutely NOT!!

According to my friend Hasse (Which handles the second guitar and some song in TFK) this song was recorded in two takes...but he did not remember, if it was the first or second take that ended up on the bonus disc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbrixIiwzgY

Hope you all got some inspiration...That's why we all are here at the VDRUMS.com...to play drums!

Best Regards

ANGR77
    Last edited by angr77; 12-07-13, 05:03 AM. Reason: Flower Kings, Felix Lehrmann, Advanced drumming...
    Pearl CrystalBeat and Sonor Safari, Roland CY-14/13R/15R/12CR,RT-10/30,BT-1,VH-11/12/13 & KD-10, Dingbat,Triggera D14, D11, ATV AD-h14, PCY-155, 120MHz MD with PS board, 2box 3/5/5MKII, dd4SE, Yamaha DTX502, Addictive Drums 2.1.19. All ADpaks, Microsoft Surface PRO, Macbook, Pearl Throne Thumper, Zourman HH & Ride Conv Kit www.zourman.com

Thanks Angr!
    Though 'Progressive' may not be the musical-category I'm most proficient in, I like what I hear....!

"My best friends' name is J-SON. They used to call him 'Mr. Parse.' He has an 'Error'..!"

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/core/cus...ar33631_4.jpeg

Comment

Some great fluid drumming on that, will have to check out the other songs - nice synth and enjoy the lead guitarist' style, thanks for sharing

Fishnmusicn

Comment

Check this out...the very same Felix Lehrmann from a jazz club yesteday...somewhere in Germany. I have plans to quit drumming.... http://youtu.be/kVLPDJmrI20
        Pearl CrystalBeat and Sonor Safari, Roland CY-14/13R/15R/12CR,RT-10/30,BT-1,VH-11/12/13 & KD-10, Dingbat,Triggera D14, D11, ATV AD-h14, PCY-155, 120MHz MD with PS board, 2box 3/5/5MKII, dd4SE, Yamaha DTX502, Addictive Drums 2.1.19. All ADpaks, Microsoft Surface PRO, Macbook, Pearl Throne Thumper, Zourman HH & Ride Conv Kit www.zourman.com

Comment

Angr77, I apologize to you before-hand, but....

I fear I will have to join you in quitting!!!

(Could some of the other members maybe reset my jaw, please? It dropped to the floor and didn't come back....)

Have you noticed that he's playing a 3-piece kit?
          Hopefully beginning players will be encouraged by this, to start with just the basic 'Bassdrum, Snaredrum, Hihat'-setup. This perfectly illustrates how little you actually need to become good...

That video really pleases me - so few kitpieces, such a smoking performance!

"My best friends' name is J-SON. They used to call him 'Mr. Parse.' He has an 'Error'..!"

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/core/cus...ar33631_4.jpeg

Comment

Nothing short of incredible that live performance, inspiration to keep practicing but not much hope, lol
            FM

Comment

Working...
            X